C4 Forums | Control4

HC-1000 not on network

Hi everyone-

We had a short power outage in my area yesterday, and ever since my C4 system has been completely hosed.  The HC-1000 is not connecting to the network (after multiple reboots, changing ethernet cable, shutting everything down for more than 10 minutes, etc...).

The result, obviously is that I cannot connect to the director and makes everything unusable.  Both my HC-300 are online.  Is my HC-1000 toast or is there anything else I can do?

​Thank you to all in advance.

Is the LINK light still coming on? And do you see activity on the network port LEDs on the back/does the switch or router port say it's connected?

I'd try replacing the network cable, and plugging it in on another port to check.

If non of those help though it may be toast, though it might be re-storable.

Thanks cyknight.  Appreciate the response.  The LINK light comes on when I disconnect it but it doesn't stay on (though, I don't think it ever did).  I did change the network cable as part of my troubleshooting and that didn't resolve anything, but there is activity coming from the LED lights on the switch.  Any other thoughts, on how I can connect it to the network?

If the LINK light is not staying on at all (solid) after a reboot then it's not good. Main controller should ALWAYS be able to link up - as it always links to itself. With an HC-1000 it's generally a DOM failure for this, though other issues can occur too.

At this point, it's hoping you have an up to date back-up, try a restore stick on the HC-1000 but don;t get your hopes up.

Archived