C4 Forums | Control4

Initiating simple TCP/IP from Control4

Is it possible to send simple TCP/IP commands such as the following with access to Composer HE only? I do not have any special TCP/IP drivers. This would be used to control blinds.

local host, port = "192.168.0.111", 522

local socket = require("socket")

local tcp = assert(socket.tcp())

tcp:connect(host, port)

tcp:send("$inm03-;")

tcp:close()

This would be initiated from various areas in the system such as keypad buttons, timed events including specific times weekday vs. weekends, sunrise/sunset, etc.

Thank you

No you cannot do this with Composer HE.

A driver exists to send all the communication commands for HunterDouglas shades per shade.

Also your command is not correct and would cause some things to lock up and not function correctly.

No you cannot do this with Composer HE.

A driver exists to send all the communication commands for HunterDouglas shades per shade.

Also your command is not correct and would cause some things to lock up and not function correctly.

Who makes the driver? For my purposes a driver is a bit of overkill because I just want to execute one or two scenes.

I would not recommend using the socket library.

You should use:

C4:SendToNetwork

C4:NetConnect

C4:NetDisconnect

C4:CreateNetworkConnection

And receive information with:

ReceivedFromNetwork

OnConnectionStatusChanged

Thanks, this might work best. It is a one line command I need to send. Through telnet, it is one line to connect and one line to execute a scene.

Who makes the driver? For my purposes a driver is a bit of overkill because I just want to execute one or two scenes.

Theory has these drivers for sale.  I have both the Panasonic and HunterDouglas drivers from them and they work flawlessly.  I'd highly recommend the theory driver as it's just fantastic and is going to be much easier for you.

http://www.theoryav.com/category/control4/drivers/

If you just want a couple scenes the just get the Platinum Gateway and not the Bridge.  The difference is the gateway has an RS-232 port that allows you to trigger scenes.

It's around $300, you would still need your dealer to make you a very basic RS-232 driver.

or you could buy the driver for the existing device and be able to use your shades in Control4 Scenes along with lights, and get much more functionality.

Archived