C4 Forums | Control4

IR issues with MySky Sat TV box

I had my MySky box replaced yesterday, I put the IR bug back in place but it is not working very well.

If I use the Sky remote, the box responds correctly everytime.

If I use C4 remote via the IR bug, the box responds maybe 1 in 10 attempts.

I have tried a new ir bug, but the same results.

Any ideas?

note: nothing has been change in the C4 set up, simply a new sat box identical in appearance to the old one.

Move the emitter next to the ir receiver on the cable box.

I put the IR bug back in place but it is not working very well.

I have physically stood at the rack adjusting the emitter position while using the C4 remote, occasionally the ir signal light on the sat box lights up to show the signal was received, but this happens sporadically.

I put the IR bug back in place but it is not working very well.

I have physically stood at the rack adjusting the emitter position while using the C4 remote, occasionally the ir signal light on the sat box lights up to show the signal was received, but this happens sporadically.

Well if the emitter lights up and is properly sending the right codes, then the only other possible problem is position of the emitter or the sat box is junk.

I played around with the repeat count, increased it to 3 and now it works about half the time.

the factory remote works 100% of the time - but with the box in the rack, the factory remote is not viable.

Why would the same IR code from C4 not work, when the factory remote works every time?

I'm not experienced with IR circuitry so please excuse me if this is a dumb question.

Cheers.

Archived