C4 Forums | Control4

Annoucement/Image Pop-Up Problem

This problem involves an announcement in the form of an Image Pop-up on a 7" TS.  Randomly, the OSD in the same room as the TS will trigger (bring the TV online) as well.  This happens with a few other rooms so it appears to be universal to some extent but still random in frequency.  Why would the OSD come-up when only the TS is needed as a display?

When you set up the announcement you choose which navigators to display it on.  If you have only the TS selected it should just be that one that displays it.  I suppose if you have a media scene active that includes source selection in the room the TS is in it could possibly make that announcement happen in multiple rooms.  would have to test that to be sure honestly.  The random part is the interesting thing to me.  is everything on the same software version?

I'm guessing you have a distributed on-screen? This is a known issue (and part of the reason C4 doesn't want to use the option) - if using announcement agent with any form of visual effect (ie pop-up/image) is will randomly switch sources and even turn on TVs in some cases.

Archived