C4 Forums | Control4

Alarm sensors post 2.6 update

So after updating to 2.6 I finally got around to finishing connecting the window and door contact sensors within control4. I added the window and door sensors to the remaining rooms ( I had done a few rooms before and tested them under 2.5.3 and earlier) and then linked the rooms to the alarm zones. First thing I noticed was that from the alarm driver connections I could see the sensors I dragged and connected them to. BUT if I clicked on the sensor driver itself, it showed no connections to anything. So I made it connect to the alarm zones as well.

Refreshed navigator and pulled up the sensors section. Even though I know all my windows and doors were shut, it was showing everything opened. I tried inverting the sensor (checkbox) and that didn't help.

Not sure what's going on. Previously I had no issues with it knowing if a window was opened or closed and tested the logic as I had used it on my son's bedroom window to turn on a light in the house if the heater was on and he opened the window (he kept opening his window and when it was freezing outside because he got to warm in his room).

Any thoughts on what to check here or where i should loo next?

If going through a security panel, all contacts will report a default status until the security panel reports to the system, which in almost all cases is not until one of those sensors changes - in other words a garage door tied to a security panel will report open upon a controller reboot for example, untill the garage door gets opened and closed again.

That appears it might be the case. Checked back today and the front and garage doors are now showing closed, but the back door and all windows are still showing open. Guess I'll be going around the house opening and closing windows to see if they report correctly now.

• 11 months later...

I have this issue. All of my alarms and glass breaks and some other sensors are showing open. Without the alarm or glass break sensor going off how does the alarm panel change the state for fire alarms and glass breaks? How can I get control4 to change the state. Thx

Archived