C4 Forums | Control4

Complex Programming Question

Matthewjocko

What is the best way to bind two lights to one keypad button.  Since you are unable to bind two toggle buttons to a keypad button there is no simple way to do this.  Right now I have the dimmer tell the keypad when their light levels change to set the color on it to either yellow or black depending on the status of the light.  Is there a better way to do this?  I sometimes have issues of the lights going out of sync because someone hits the actually light switched and because it is on toggle they stay out of sync.  Is there any way to bind 2 loads to one keypad button? 

Also I have one delayed to set the color of the keypad button so that both lights aren't conflicting when trying to set the color.

Thanks,

Matt

post-129038-0-37018300-1411840218_thumb.

post-129038-0-15148300-1411840222_thumb.

post-129038-0-79895800-1411840226_thumb.

Advanced Scenes don't dim, I don't think so.

Hang on there.

First, USE ADVANCED SCENES ALWAYS - the older lighting scene agent is still there to allow conversion on updated systems to advanced but should be ignored otherwise.

Also, advanced scenes allow for toggle scenes, automatic LED tracking and more.

Advanced Scenes CAN do complete scene dimming/fading - the older lighting devices are the ones unable to do this but current types very much do do this.

Hang on there.

First, USE ADVANCED SCENES ALWAYS - the older lighting scene agent is still there to allow conversion on updated systems to advanced but should be ignored otherwise.

Also, advanced scenes allow for toggle scenes, automatic LED tracking and more.

Advanced Scenes CAN do complete scene dimming/fading - the older lighting devices are the ones unable to do this but current types very much do do this.

is there any way to do the dimming/fading with the older devices?

Unfortunately, nothing 'natively'.

You CAN program a press on a button to press the top button on two or more devices. And on release, release the same two buttons. This will simulate it, but it wont be exact.

Another method is the you can connect ONE light, and program that light to change every time the first light changes level - this however bind one light to the other permanently.

Best, connect one light, then on release program the other lights to go to the same level as the bound light. They wont ramp together, but end up exactly at the same level.

Archived