C4 Forums | Control4

nas offline when internet down

my network attached storage (nas) goes offline when my internet is down.  nas is still accessible to other computers on inhouse network--only c4 cannot access.  when internet is restored, nas is back online.  director uses static ip, workgroup is Control4Home, nas devices are Linux based 4tb Seagate central.  any ideas?  thanks.

one of the nas is on same switch as the c4  the other nas is on a smaller switch below the switch the c4 and other nas are on.  computers on both switches can read/write both nas devices and ping c4.  everything behind firewall, behind t1 router.  c4, both nas, firewall and t1 router are all pingable.  internet failure was t1 circuit. am fairly sure no problems with network behind t1 due to extensive testing during 26 hour t1 outage.  when t1 came back did not even have to reboot c4, switches, nas  etc. c4 nas connection was just restored.  I know during media scans c4 needs internet to look up movie details.  it is almost like c4 needs access to dns servers in order to see nas??  thanks for your ideas.  would welcome any other thoughts.

Archived