C4 Forums | Control4

HC250 / Purchased In USA

kotters

Hi,

I bought an HC250 while in the US on business and called my dealer when home in South Africa to come and swop out my HC200 and he says he'll come but I must beware that the serial numbers are tracked and that I might not be able to use it?

Is this true?

Thanks

Hi,

I bought an HC250 while in the US on business and called my dealer when home in South Africa to come and swop out my HC200 and he says he'll come but I must beware that the serial numbers are tracked and that I might not be able to use it?

Is this true?

Thanks

Hi,

Is this true?

Thanks

I am from South Africa to and this is 100% true. I have had at least 3 - 4 items go bust over the last three years due to our wonderful Electricity provider (sarcasm) and when you take it to your dealer, who in turn takes it to the one C4 supplier for the country (they in Randburg) you are very quickly charged for the call out / diagnosing and told it is not a South African product. They closely monitor the products in South Africa - hence why they also charge close to x2 the price.

If I was you I would do what I have done and put a APC in front of the HC250 to protect it from any irregularities. If you are in Johannesburg then I would also suggest investing in a proper surge protector - no the cheap cr@p you buy at the stores, rather have a qualified electrician come and install one at your DB Board.

Archived