C4 Forums | Control4

2.1 stereo receiver full compatible with c4

i'm searching if possible a stereo receiver that is compatible with c4 by ip or rs232 ( not ir or if you got a driver ) for my basement. do you have any suggestion ?? can be a cheap 5.1 receiver too. The reason : i got a pair of in ceilling speaker and i want to add a little in-wall subb

sounds like you would be better off sourcing a cheap Yamaha surround unit. 

can be any brand i dont care ... this unit will only drive two boston acoustic cube and a little 8 or 10 inch inwall subwoofer. The only thing i was searching for is a amp that have already a c4 driver if possible.

You can do either the Sonos sub or it has a sub pre out

i saw the sonos subwoofer but i want it inwall.

You can hook up a subwoofer to the Sonos Connect Amp.  It just has to have it's own power.  We did this on one of my friends patios and it works really well.  

if i can pay less than 700 $ for the amps it will be great ( for my wallet )

sonos connect!

Can this be used like a "receiver" using the new Sonos 2.6 driver..that is can you select RCA source input using the driver and better still have this in programming?

I've got an old ZP100 lying around that happens to have rca inputs..

So I'm thinking "play RCA (source)".. then control the RCA source.... can this be done with programming? I forget.... :)

You could also do a speaker point

i already have a speakerpoint in this zone but i want to move it in my bathroom. I purchased a used onkyo TNXR-509 on eBay last night ( 110 $ u.s fully fonctionnal ) like marklabelle870 told me. Perfect receiver for this zone and cheaper than buy a new speakerpoint or a SONOS .

Archived