C4 Forums | Control4

What makes a great dealer/integrator?

Ok. Let me say this is quite an easy answer.

One word.

Flexibility

Having been involved in two Control4 HA projects now... both dealers I have had the pleasure of working with have had this.

The HA space is an ever changing, evolving space.. 

You can't walk into a project with a fixed plan and your eyes closed. Particularly  a retro fit... 

The technology is moving and upgrading now at frenetic pace, and this means dealers need to have the ability to take the end customer point of view and change mid stream.

Case in point the HDMI 4K/HDCP 2.2 issue that has just been lobbed onto us all.....

A great HA integrator has the ability and common sense to make project changes on the fly... 

It just can't be any other way. The Hifi and TV content and HA industry, and networking/wifi  manufacturers basically see to that..

Cheers and thanks Coolabode :)

Wap 

Indeed and thanks, Wap. These projects are in many ways now mostly high tech / IT with some AV. I think it's he convergence of IT that AV results in the "frenetic pace".

Ok. Let me say this is quite an easy answer.

One word.

Flexibility

Having been involved in two Control4 HA projects now... both dealers I have had the pleasure of working with have had this.

The HA space is an ever changing, evolving space.. 

You can't walk into a project with a fixed plan and your eyes closed. Particularly  a retro fit... 

The technology is moving and upgrading now at frenetic pace, and this means dealers need to have the ability to take the end customer point of view and change mid stream.

Case in point the HDMI 4K/HDCP 2.2 issue that has just been lobbed onto us all.....

A great HA integrator has the ability and common sense to make project changes on the fly... 

It just can't be any other way. The Hifi and TV content and HA industry, and networking/wifi  manufacturers basically see to that..

Cheers and thanks Coolabode :)

Wap 

Aww thanks Alex.  Glad to have been one of those two dealers:)

Archived