C4 Forums | Control4

Issues with Time Warner DVR

I am having extreme issues with my control 4 controlling my time warner dvd box.  I have to hit buttons on the control 4 numerous times to get it to respond.  Case in point, it may take 10 down arrow clicks to get a response on the time warner box BUT when using the time warner remote it works fine.  My technician said it was a time warner issue but it works fine with the TWC remove.  Any suggestions?

Are all your devices doing that or just the box? If it's just the box you should look at the ir bud position and the number of times its sending in the driver. If it's everything you should look at your zigbee network

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

It's just the one box. The other TWC box does fine however it is a different type. I don't have any idea how to look at my zigbee network. My tech was here last week and he said "Welcome to TWC" There has to be a way I can fix it or is there another option. They are the only dealer in town.

The other option is TiVo and Roku.

TiVo gives you most all the TWC functionality and more in an IP controlled box.

Compared to dealer fixes and monthly box fees the payback is about 24 months.

Roku has a TWC app that gets you the on-demand product.

Add the better TiVo functionality and this is win win win.

Good idea with purchasing modem. For my instance - it's $200+ modem as it requires phone access. We live in gated community and require all home phone so we can "approve" access through "land line" to open gate. I struggle giving TWC a monthly payment, but, ROI sucks!

I am having extreme issues with my control 4 controlling my time warner dvd box.  I have to hit buttons on the control 4 numerous times to get it to respond.  Case in point, it may take 10 down arrow clicks to get a response on the time warner box BUT when using the time warner remote it works fine.  My technician said it was a time warner issue but it works fine with the TWC remove.  Any suggestions?

I assume IR is the only control. That being the case:

Try a wide angle diamond bud..

Or use an in cabinet IR blaster

Try getting and installing a new different driver.

Keep asking on here (like I do) for a Control4 remote with additional IR blaster on the end (Like the Harmony)...

Tape the actual TWC remote to the back of the SR250 (yep I've even done that before with a device) :)

Compared to dealer fixes and monthly box fees the payback is about 24 months.

Yep. This is great advice.

Sometimes it's cheaper to simply swap out the gear (when you add up the hrly rates to have someone sit there fiddling trying to make the bud work or re-writing the driver... 

Good idea with purchasing modem. For my instance - it's $200+ modem as it requires phone access. We live in gated community and require all home phone so we can "approve" access through "land line" to open gate. I struggle giving TWC a monthly payment, but, ROI sucks!

Ahha. No it is not. You only need to buy a data modem. They will keep the VOIP modem on your account for phone but stop charging you for it.

This does mean a 3 way split and an extra couple of feet of RG6 but still achieves the same result and ROI

Ahha. No it is not. You only need to buy a data modem. They will keep the VOIP modem on your account for phone but stop charging you for it.

This does mean a 3 way split and an extra couple of feet of RG6 but still achieves the same result and ROI

Wow - Didn't know that! Thanks - I'll be calling them shortly!

Archived