C4 Forums | Control4

Need Help!!!! My movies are missing in Sony 777

I have a little older system running on 1.74  yesterday i put dome new dvds in the changer, and had to manually enter them.  Now when i open up Composer ME  and clink on the changer it shows every slot is empty.  I need help i am about to have a mutiny on my hands with the kids.  BTW i can go to the equip rack and manually select a movie and play it.  I assume something is glitchy i hope some one has an answer for me.  I also have had a few total power failures in the last couple weeks.

Tthanks

Brad Beam

You could do it - though at you're own risk. You'd have to make a network connection to the controller, and search for mm.db on it.

Delete and then reboot the controller - it will create a new file automatically on startup. As said - it'll be at your own risk though, be sure to have back-ups in place.

You could do it - though at you're own risk. You'd have to make a network connection to the controller, and search for mm.db on it.

Delete and then reboot the controller - it will create a new file automatically on startup. As said - it'll be at your own risk though, be sure to have back-ups in place.

I know I am probably asking for trouble, but iassu,e I just type in the controllers IP address then search for the file?

? Whay asking for trouble?

The controller should show up under network locations - browse and/or use search from there.

I am always asking for trouble it seems. Thanks for the heads up. My dealer is preparing a quote to add another controller and some other items, he may just have to fix my goof when he is there. I will try this this evening.

Thanks

I had the same problem my dealer told me to unplug my controller wait a full 5 min the plug back in wait for full reboot then unplug switch if your DVD player is going into one and re plug back in and bingo it all came back .. Just a thought

I had the same problem my dealer told me to unplug my controller wait a full 5 min the plug back in wait for full reboot then unplug switch if your DVD player is going into one and re plug back in and bingo it all came back .. Just a thought

Will definitely try this first. I had unplugged, but maybe not long enough. Did you unplug the dvd from The wall also

Quick note I want to make - the mm.db file contains ALL your media info - so also your channels, music etc info (not the actual data, just the metadata)

Again, with the understanding you're doing this at your OWN risk!!

Not that you risk anything other than losing all you movie and cover art etc.

If you're using windows, open an explorer window. Type:

\\[main controller ip]\db

You'll see mm.db right there.

As said, make sure you have some backups available just in case.

Alternative to deleting that file, you could also rename it by adding something like .corrupt or .old at the end

Once done, power down your controller, wait for a few minutes, power it back up - boot CAN take a bit more time at this point - and it will create a new mm.db file (which will be blank).

Before trying to scan/add media/load back-up - type in the above line again and ensure the mm.db file is back.

Quick note I want to make - the mm.db file contains ALL your media info - so also your channels, music etc info (not the actual data, just the metadata)

Again, with the understanding you're doing this at your OWN risk!!

Not that you risk anything other than losing all you movie and cover art etc.

If you're using windows, open an explorer window. Type:

\\[main controller ip]\db

You'll see mm.db right there.

As said, make sure you have some backups available just in case.

Alternative to deleting that file, you could also rename it by adding something like .corrupt or .old at the end

Once done, power down your controller, wait for a few minutes, power it back up - boot CAN take a bit more time at this point - and it will create a new mm.db file (which will be blank).

Before trying to scan/add media/load back-up - type in the above line again and ensure the mm.db file is back.

When I left home a little bit ago composer was scanning and my movies were repopulating thanks for your help

Brad

Archived