C4 Forums | Control4

7" touchscreen and audio bug?

Sometimes the audio for our system (2.7) randomly turns on. Sometimes twice in the middle of the night. Seems to only be the kitchen, where a 7" touchscreen v2 is located. Usually when this happens, the audio bar on the bottom of the TS flashes. Many times when the audio is attempted to turn off after this, it changes stations altogether, and sometimes it turns off and turns right back on. Also, many times when messing with the TS for an unrelated issue, tapping too many times on something unrelated triggers the same problem. I have no idea what's going on, but this really sucks! I also should mention it is always pandora through a sonos connect plugged into a 4 channel matrix amp. Seems to be the same station on pandora. I also should mention there's a soft button on the TS triggered to play this station, but it is not being tapped. Also, the TS is connected via AC and wifi. Any help would be awesome

Hmm really strange.

You may want to try leaving the TS in question off for a few days. How consistent is it? Every night, every few days, sometimes everyday then gone for a week?

It's unlikely the TS - as such a TS is 'dumb' and doesn't go ahead and "do" things by itself, only relays buttons presses.

You could also check if there is any programming on the 4 channels amp under 'signal sensing'.

• 2 weeks later...

Cyknight: I tried leaving it off for a few days, and no problems.  It seems to be every few days and at night.  Seems to be fairly consistently every few days.  Sometimes multiple times in a night, though.  Kind of what I was thinking about a TS being dumb.  Good idea about the signal sensing, but nothing there :(

SMHarman: Great idea about the cleaning the screen - it needed it, although that didn't fix it :(

I think this has something to do with the SONOS driver.  We are on sonos V8 and 2.7; some weird things that happen with sonos are changing pandora stations randomly, and also when choosing a pandora station from the stations list instead of pandora, no metadata from pandora is shown, just SONOS or SONOS NETWORK.  What is the difference between sonos and sonos network? It seems that I get lots of bizarre behavior that I think is related when I see sonos network.

Mhh.

So with the TS off, it's all fine - back up and issues return?

I'm half wondering if it's got an IP conflict?

I mean it's possible there's something wrong with the capacitive screen seeing random button presses - but it's almost too constant...

Sonos network is the central driver for any setup - Sonos is a driver for each induvidual unit - for completion: Sonos Endpoint is a virtual driver (auto loaded on adding a Sonos) that handles the physical connections.

Yep, its all good without the TS, but once it's back on, seems to have issues.

I didn't even think of IP conflict, but I don't think that's the case - I'll double check tonight when I get home.  It's assigned by DHCP.

As far as the Sonos goes, that all makes sense now, thanks! Still not sure why sometimes it says sonos network and sometimes it goes to sonos. Seems odd.

Just an update - I noticed Sonos Network driver and all other sonos drivers were on version 8.0.2, but pandora was sonos 8.0.6.  After fixing this, it fixed the random characters on the touchscreen, and I think this may fix the issue.  We'll see.

Archived