C4 Forums | Control4

TV Video Source changed by C4 too quickly

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed on the forum before, but I couldn't find the post again doing a quick search.

My Samsung DLP will not show various video sources unless it senses a live signal on that source. Therefore, if I switch to the DVD player using C4, the DVD player will then take ~20 seconds to power on. During this time period, there is no video signal and hence C4 can't switch to the DVD source properly. I must wait for the DVD player to fully power up and then select the DVD player on the remote a 2nd time.

Anybody else experience this? Is there a way to delay the video source change or send it multiple times?

Thanks,

Brad

TV: Samsung HL-R4266W

Ok - this seems to do the trick when powering on the system for the first time. However, if I hit the remote buttons to swtitch from "TV" to "Videos" then the source on the TV is still issued instantaneously causing the source change to be missed by the TV. It's not missed, but rather I get an error from the TV because it doesn't sense that the DVD player is on yet.

Hmm, trying a number of options now. I'm hesitant to issue a delay on all source changes since it is really only an issue if the other components are off (especially the DVD). I could turn on all components when the TV powers on, but that isn't a real fix.

If the DVD turns on--> Delay 5 seconds

This doesn't seem to work - I think hitting the "Videos" button on the C4 remote to change to the DVD player doesn't register as turning the DVD on even though it does

I then tried creating a variable for whether or not the DVD is on (power state didn't work) and I use a delay when switching inputs if the DVD is off

33vn514.jpg

This didn't work

Maybe I'll just have it delay in the driver only when switching to the source of the DVD.

That's not what RyanE meant. You need to go into the driver editor and make a macro.

Yep, understood. I was just trying to come up with a dynamic solution that would only create a delay if the dependent devices were powered off. Seems like the capability is there, but the "delay" doesn't seem to take effect when I hit the video button.

If I edit the macro, there will always be a delay regardless of whether it's needed - that should work though.

Try using the room varible "when a device changes". This is a pre-built variable and not a custom created variable. I use it to change DVD aspect ratio and it works every time.

"When the variable Room->Current_Selected_Device changes"

? If Room selected Video Device IS DVD Player

-> Delay 7 seconds

-> Emit IR TV DVD input

Example of my source code. Look at Picture 3.

http://www.mdaoe.com/smf/index.php?topic=798.0

Archived