C4 Forums | Control4

EOL 7inch TS with cam

Due to end of life on components and much new and improved products the hardware will no longer be available to purchase.

Control4 still plans on supporting software to go along with the existing hardware.

Please do not confuse the EOL on current software upgrades.

Matt

hard to believe since the new TSs are Android and the old are Flash....  I don't see flash being supported for very long, if at all.  Please tell me I am completely wrong and the old 7 inch TS will be supported for another 2 years....if not, its all iPads from here.  They last way longer and with the 3rd party SIP integration, I don't see the point.  

Thank you for the feedback. I cannot comment on the software release roadmap and the capabilities and functionality of these panels or upcoming products. Control4 will continue to drive as far as it makes sense with these panels. As of right now there are no current plans to EOL the software on these capacitive touch panels. 

Please keep in mind while I like using all my iPads, Apple does EOL (End of Life) software on products much quicker than Control4 does. For instance, the V1 Apple iPad was released right around the first Control4 capacitive touch screen in 2010. The upgraded Control4 model (v2) with camera was released in 2012. Both of these panels are currently supported inside the Control4 Operating System and allows for all current upgrades; however, the original version of iPad is not and end of life support on software upgrades in 2012 (I believe).

I hope you understand. 

Regards,

Matt

Thank you for the feedback. I cannot comment on the software release roadmap and the capabilities and functionality of these panels or upcoming products. Control4 will continue to drive as far as it makes sense with these panels. As of right now there are no current plans to EOL the software on these capacitive touch panels.

Please keep in mind while I like using all my iPads, Apple does EOL (End of Life) software on products much quicker than Control4 does. For instance, the V1 Apple iPad was released right around the first Control4 capacitive touch screen in 2010. The upgraded Control4 model (v2) with camera was released in 2012. Both of these panels are currently supported inside the Control4 Operating System and allows for all current upgrades; however, the original version of iPad is not and end of life support on software upgrades in 2012 (I believe).

I hope you understand.

Regards,

Matt

Ok, thanks for following up Matt!

Archived