C4 Forums | Control4

Hi all,

I have (fairly regularly) had problems with my Control4 playlists. They seem to corrupt easily which is very irritating when one takes time to create a playlist... Some examples of when I (seem to have) corrupted them include:

1. When adding CDs

2. When replacing my hard drive (after it died);

3. When changing lots of things on other playlists...

I kind of understand point 2 above but 1 and 3 surprise (and irritated) me. Even saving and restoring playlists does not resolve this.

Anyone else experience the same? Any suggestions for future playlist management.

Corruption has involved them stopping working and / or having the wrong songs in the list. In one case, repopulating them still left programming needing to be redone which was weird! As you replaced one line of code with an identical looking line of code and the old line failed while the new line worked!

• 1 month later...

We are having very similar problems.  The C4/Sonos set up we have for the house seems to have a mind of its own.  It doesn’t stick to a chosen playlist but will grab songs from other playlist on its own.  And it’s not only within, for example, a Spotify playlist.  It happens between a separate iTunes playlist and Spotify as well. We’ve tried clear queue and replace queue options, but neither worked. The company that installed the system tried reinstalling it with the latest software updates, but to no avail. I note that others have had similar problems, but so far at least, I've never seen C4 respond to any of these issues. I spoke with their marketing guy by phone this morning (the only human I could reach :mellow:  ), and he is going to pass this along.  Hope to get some feedback soon -- if anyone is listening.

• 2 weeks later...

We are having very similar problems.  The C4/Sonos set up we have for the house seems to have a mind of its own.  It doesn’t stick to a chosen playlist but will grab songs from other playlist on its own.  And it’s not only within, for example, a Spotify playlist.  It happens between a separate iTunes playlist and Spotify as well. We’ve tried clear queue and replace queue options, but neither worked. The company that installed the system tried reinstalling it with the latest software updates, but to no avail. I note that others have had similar problems, but so far at least, I've never seen C4 respond to any of these issues. I spoke with their marketing guy by phone this morning (the only human I could reach :mellow:  ), and he is going to pass this along.  Hope to get some feedback soon -- if anyone is listening.

From the sound of it - I believe you're using Sonos as the actual source for all this. At that point, the issue should be pointed out to Sonos, as the issue is likely there.

In one case, repopulating them still left programming needing to be redone which was weird! As you replaced one line of code with an identical looking line of code and the old line failed while the new line worked!

This was recently discussed actually - the problem with THIS part at least is that recreating a playlist with identical naming does not mean programming is passed on, because the new playlist would get a new id tag - which is what you actually program off of (behind the scenes). You're 'code' is not a line of code in the sense of line-programming.

Archived