C4 Forums | Control4

Creating Weather Maps and Traffic Screens and Looking for a programmer

I just had a major control 4 install done at my house and I love it except that we pushed the envelope a little too much with the HC300 and are upgrading to an HC1000. My install is for a 5500 sq ft house and includes about 70 switches, 10 thermostats (we have radiant heat), 8 Flat screens, and 3 10.5" touchpanels as well as 8 remotes and full integretion with an Ademco security system and all blinds in the house as well as 6 6 button panels (this was part of a 70K project).

The problem is my dealer is not into pushing the envelope and I have the composer home edition and have been impressed with the capabilities except for one - the ability to ADD A DEVICE. I currently have 2 IP cameras and like the concept of linking to a weather site, stockmarket site and traffic site. Is it possible to get instruction on how to ADD A DEVICE as a non-dealer (I am a systems guy by trade so this is natural) and or can I hire someone here to do the remote programming for me?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Steve

This is a common issue that I hear of. Exotic promises with rental car delivery...Your dealer should be as amped as you are about your system, otherwise, to them it's just "revenue". What kind of things are you trying to accomplish?

You may be able to find a dealer who can do it remotely, or you could ask your dealer how much they would charge to do it remotely, avoiding a truck roll.

RyanE

Thanks Ryan for the advice!:)

I did find a dealer http://www.thesohoshop.com/ that did it for me. We ended up setting up 10 screens for traffic, weather, radar etc and it is awesome. He did the whole project and some other custom button stuff I needed in about 45 minutes and was so fair on pricing I almost felt like I should pay him more. These guys really know there stuff.:D

• 4 months later...
You may be able to find a dealer who can do it remotely' date=' or you could ask your dealer how much they would charge to do it remotely, avoiding a truck roll.

RyanE[/quote']

Thanks Ryan for the advice!:)

I did find a dealer http://www.thesohoshop.com/ that did it for me. We ended up setting up 10 screens for traffic, weather, radar etc and it is awesome. He did the whole project and some other custom button stuff I needed in about 45 minutes and was so fair on pricing I almost felt like I should pay him more. These guys really know there stuff.:D

Based solely on this recommendation I hired them as well to do some programming and equipment. Fantastic to work with and would enthusiastically recommend.

• 4 months later...

Archived