C4 Forums | Control4

Sharp LED IP Control

Brianb

Has anybody worked with the new Sharp TV's that are running android now?  I have used the older sharps with IP control, but I can't figure out how to get this one working.  It's a LC-70UE30US.  There is not a driver available for this exact one, and it doesn't show up in available devices.  Usually I would have to set IP control to on, but I can't even find it in this interface.  Thanks.

Does the manual not give some info on the IP control?  I have an 80" Sharp that is about two years old and in its manual it did have a little bit of info on the IP commands used - I played around with it in a telnet or ssh session and was able to change channels, etc.

I've been using sharp IP control for a while now, and it looks like the problem is specific to the new Android models.  I got it working this morning, but the problem is that the ethernet jack turns off now when the TV turns off, so be warned.  I've gone through all the settings, enabled wake on lan, and as soon as the TV turns off, the director loses connection with the TV, so I can do everything except turn it on. It's very unfortunate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/8/2015 at 6:58 AM, Brianb said:

I've been using sharp IP control for a while now, and it looks like the problem is specific to the new Android models.  I got it working this morning, but the problem is that the ethernet jack turns off now when the TV turns off, so be warned.  I've gone through all the settings, enabled wake on lan, and as soon as the TV turns off, the director loses connection with the TV, so I can do everything except turn it on. It's very unfortunate.

Is it new TV?

Archived