C4 Forums | Control4

DSC1832 Capabilities in C4

Hello,

Second post about my new system I am trying to figure out. My house has a DSC1832 alarm system that is integrated into the C4 system (done by the previous owner).

When I access the security menu on the remote access tools (Android or through PC browser) there is a virtualized panel - with keypad and some buttons like arm, away, etc.

None of these seem to do anything. I can't arm or disarm the alarm. All the sensors tied to the alarm show up in C4 but they don't reflect the proper state. Every window and door sensor says OPEN. Every water sensor says ALERT and so on...

I though perhaps there was a broken connection to the alarm but there is one function that does work --> check or set partition. It is Partition #1. I can set it to another partition, check partition reports correct answer, and after some time it defaults back to Partition #1. This makes me think the serial connection does work .... but that is the only thing that seems to work.

Also, if I press buttons on the virtual keypad , like I'm trying to arm the system, I do see an asterisk on the virtual display that corresponds to the key-press I make but it doesn't do anything. I saw no activity on the real control panel when I was typing on the virtual panel. 

What functionality should I expect and any ideas how to get it working?  Seems DSC1832 is supported by C4 so I'm hoping it's something simple ... 

OK, so that's bringing us full circle back to my original post on this thread - the "virtual" keypad seems to do nothing except verify or change partition. All the sensors attached to the project (through the alarm) only show open or alert. Nothing really seems to work - the state of the alarm does not show up ... so if I have correct driver what should I look at to debug this?  Any ideas what I should try?

1 hour ago, 2bc4 said:

Does your alarm work properly without the it100 connection ?  If everything is showing open it maybe programming such as panel set for eol when should be NC loops

It works fine at the alarm panel itself, just when I try to access it through C4 system it's not doing much ...

Archived