C4 Forums | Control4

Multiple instances of Shairbridge in commercial environment

9800pro

Hi everyone :)

Have a question for people with Shairbridge experience...

We will have a commercial project with few separate rooms and we would like to provide them Airplay (Shairbridge) access for every room.

Now, the people who will use those rooms should only be able to play Airplay content in that room, not in others.

Is that even possible without serious networking mambo-jambo?

Thx

16 minutes ago, 9800pro said:

Hi everyone :)

Have a question for people with Shairbridge experience...

We will have a commercial project with few separate rooms and we would like to provide them Airplay (Shairbridge) access for every room.

Now, the people who will use those rooms should only be able to play Airplay content in that room, not in others.

Is that even possible without serious networking mambo-jambo?

Thx

that isn't possible.  they will all broadcast on the same WiFi network.

1 minute ago, 9800pro said:

Yea, thought as much. Would be nice if it were easier then putting each room on different subnet and giving it separate wifi ssid.

Thx anyway :)

Control4 residential stuff really wasn't made for a commercial install in the manner you discuss. I think you are talking hotel or B&B or something like that.  They do have a hospitality line for those use cases...

I looked up those and other then a few hotel room pictures from Vegas there isn't any info. Only products listed are regular ones, hc250/800 and other stuff.

It's not hotel rooms, they are conference rooms.

What exactly is hospitality solution from C4?

Sent from my LG G2

12 minutes ago, 9800pro said:

I looked up those and other then a few hotel room pictures from Vegas there isn't any info. Only products listed are regular ones, hc250/800 and other stuff.

It's not hotel rooms, they are conference rooms.

What exactly is hospitality solution from C4?

Sent from my LG G2

contact your sales rep

18 minutes ago, funnyfarm299 said:

The problem really is airplay itself, not control4. No matter if you're using an airplay speaker, Apple TV, or shairbridge; AFAIK the only way to hide airplay is with blocking visibility on a network level.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

airplay supports password protected connections. I am not sure that Shairbridge supports this part of the protocol. 

It doesn't, however Shairbridge DOES allow Autoplay, and you can add as many instances as you want, it 'Office Shair', 'Lunchroom Shair', 'Boardroom Shair' and hide these in other rooms. This should limit their control over other rooms significantly.

This way, they wouldn't even have a C4 app, you're on the WiFi and select the 'room' you're in, it autoplays and volume control set to device.

While one could 'maliciously' still mess with other rooms, but it's pretty much self explanatory to minimize accidents.

You're bigger problem here, to be honest, is trying to use Airplay over a corporate network......

Archived