C4 Forums | Control4

Honeywell Alarm 4232CBM module installation

iez

Question

I bought a Honeywell VISTA Alarm musty because it's supposed to be easily integrated to Control4.

I bought the special module 4232CBM made specifically for this purpose, but after several tries, my Control4 installer has not been able to integrate it.

Is there a special trick or some other accessory from Control4 needed in order to integrate the Honeywell alarm?

4 answers to this question

the TX and RX pins are flipped from what the instructions say. also, if you're using a serial cable and cutting one end off, note that when looking at the DB9, pin 1 is on the top right, not top left

RIS needs to be enabled (in the instructions as well)

which vista panel? the 20p or the 21p? the chip version matters, this should be listed in the instruction sheet as well. make sure version meets or exceeds that

lastly , on your touch panels, try the "reconnect" button on the secon page of the alarm screen

I went through a lot of trial and error in getting mine to work, including disabling the Internet communication because of some ambiguous wording in the docs that made it sound like you could either RIS or network but not both. I never went back and re-enabled the network so I can't confirm whether that was what solved my issue or not. I have a vista21ip that I setup and configured myself almost 4 years ago now and it's worked great with control4 and is very fast (I use alarm motion sensors to trigger lights to dim up slightly for pathway lighting at night)

8 hours ago, jragan said:

I went through a lot of trial and error in getting mine to work, including disabling the Internet communication because of some ambiguous wording in the docs that made it sound like you could either RIS or network but not both. I never went back and re-enabled the network so I can't confirm whether that was what solved my issue or not. I have a vista21ip that I setup and configured myself almost 4 years ago now and it's worked great with control4 and is very fast (I use alarm motion sensors to trigger lights to dim up slightly for pathway lighting at night)

You can't run totalconnect and the 4232 at the same time.

Archived