C4 Forums | Control4

Popcorn media player

dentalben

Question

Does anyone know if the Popcorn Hour media player works with BD iso files. Their website specs say it handles 3D BD ISO, but thought I would reach out and see if anyone has actual experience with it working or not. Thanks! I'm currently using a Dune which struggles with BD ISO files.

5 answers to this question

Not too familiar with the 102 - if not supported, then yeah that would be a problem. The Solo 4K does I believe. Not sure what Popcorn you're looking at, but you mention menus - the new Popcorn 4K doesn't support menu use if memory serves. Something to check.

Do you have all three Dunes configured in your Composer project? Do you have them universally accessible or specific to a given room? I have all of my movies on a network file server and rarely have need to access more than one movie at a time, but it has crossed my mind. If the Dune Solo works out, I guess I could keep the 102 in the project for occasional needs. Just thinking...

Thanks

They are all central - the system handles that all by itself, you just select a movie, the system selects the next free player.

2 or 3 movies/series at a time isn't far fetched - 2 happens often in my house, 3 once in awhile. Never need more than that.

The problem you'll have is that you can't TRULY force the system to always select one device over the other, though it will do it by default in reverse chonology - ie add the driver for the Solo after the 102 and it should select the Solo first every time.

Archived