C4 Forums | Control4

Web Events Driver and 2.8.2

niall

Anyone upgraded to 2.8.2 and using the web events driver?

As soon as I send a command to it now, it stops working and my composer session is terminated.

Wondering if anyone else is seeing this before I start looking at its code, although it seems like something else is going on...

I worked through the code and when I run this function it dies.

C4:SetVariable

So I then changed the code to see if it would set other variables, and it did.

Then I changed my programming to test for the new variable, and it all worked - very strange.

Then I changed the code back and put the original driver back, and even stranger - its now all working.

I'm happy its all working again, but frustrated that I can't replicate this now to work out what was wrong in the first place.

• 4 weeks later...

Does that mean you got this working?

I used this driver extensively to poll for specific weather alerts and conditions via NWS and my local weather station.  Announcements would be played based upon a parsed prefix from decoded NWS alerts, then passed to C4 via the web events driver.

I just moved up to 2.8.2 but haven't added this driver back in.  Would love to know if there is a workaround or alternative

Yes, it all works fine now.

From what I did if you are adding it as new it should work.

When I upgraded with an existing driver and coding in place it crashed the box. Then when I removed the code and re-added it all started working again.

Unfortunately I have no idea why. I wish there were some logs or something that you can find out problems from, but unfortunately not.

Archived