C4 Forums | Control4

Overhead Door

Buy a door opener remote that's compatible with your garage door and solder a wire to the button contacts. Then tie it into the relay on the controller. Just make sure the remote is close enough to work. Very inexpensive alternative.

a859204d95b67d0c3c718ab717ac5e82.jpg

Can this be done without  using the card access if you have a cable from your controller to the motor?

Thanks

Yes. As long as it is a simple door opener as stated above. Some newer door openers will work that way but every time the controller closes the relay it will reset the wired door opener keypad. If that's the case you can use the method I just posted.

2 minutes ago, Gix656 said:

Yes. As long as it is a simple door opener as stated above. Some newer door openers will work that way but every time the controller closes the relay it will reset the wired door opener keypad. If that's the case you can use the method I just posted.

Thanks. the relay has 3 connection C-NO-NC. where should i connect the cables.

• 3 weeks later...
Buy a door opener remote that's compatible with your garage door and solder a wire to the button contacts. Then tie it into the relay on the controller. Just make sure the remote is close enough to work. Very inexpensive alternative.

a859204d95b67d0c3c718ab717ac5e82.jpg

I have never opened up one of these but say I have three door and one programmed to each of these buttons I could wire three relays to this button?

I have never opened up one of these but say I have three door and one programmed to each of these buttons I could wire three relays to this button?

Yes you could use 3 separate relays. Each relay wired to each button.

Archived