C4 Forums | Control4

ADDING A DSTV CABLE DRIVER

hello i am new to c4. i am currently in nigeria and trying to set up my EA1 controller by adding my local cable tv IE. DSTV. but cant find the drivers. i would be glad if you could help me on how to get it. thanks

should be able to use a generic ir driver for the same manufacturer for your cable box. also easy to create an ir driver if you have the remote. suggest staying away from power control as it will likely not have discrete power.

1 hour ago, Matt Lowe said:

should be able to use a generic ir driver for the same manufacturer for your cable box. also easy to create an ir driver if you have the remote. suggest staying away from power control as it will likely not have discrete power.

Quite correct, none of the DSTV boxes (Explora or the older ones) have discrete power. I leave my DSTV units on 24/7 and my dealer used a generic IR driver for me and it works flawlessly.

• 1 month later...

Thanks it really worked.

i also have this issue.my channel list has been created but doesn't change when i select a channel icon. my dstv is connected to my denon avr on the cable hdmi port. and to ir2 on my ea1 controller, but my channels do not change.

I assume that you are adding the channel names and numbers to the DISH driver in the media tab... And that you are seeing the, in your navigator? If that is the case and it is not working then it sounds like a connection has not been set and you will need your dealer to fix it. I have channels working perfectly for my 2 DSTV exploras and that is all I need to do to add channels...

Archived