C4 Forums | Control4

Programming only Fires C4 AV Switch

In my deployments, I have a Denon Receiver in one of my rooms. I use two different audio inputs on my receiver (HDMI and Analog via RCA from C4 16-Channcel AV). In my programming, I have set a default for each Audio Source. As seen in the screen shot below, on the room I have this configuration. However the programming only changes the Audio Output once. If I switch from HOMEPCH, video changes but not audio. Can someone take a look at my Programming to see if I have anything wrong. 

Control4_Theater_Programming.png

It may be because you have the trigger on video device changing, so if you change to audio only it'll trigger once (because no video device is a change) but changing to another audio device doesn't trigger a video change.

i could be misunderstanding what you want though - as you're not really stating what you want? I'm unclear on what you're actually trying to accomplish - why do you feel you need al that programming to begin with.

That room(Denon Receiver is the Audio Destination) has 2 audio outputs (HDMI and RCA Analog). From an Audio perspective, some of my sources are Analog only. 

I am unsure from a C4 perspective without additional programming to tell that room to use HDMI for SourceA and when I select SourceB to use Analog from the C4 Matrix Switch.

Thus I have all this programming just for that room. In the programming above, I am triggering off both the audio and video and it still only fires once.

Yeah, quite frankly, as long as you are using one connection type per device, and/or we are missing information here, C4 would handle all the appropriate switching itself without the need fro programming - sounds like there may be some binding issues?

To be clear, the connection in this room looks like the following:

Denon AVR3313

- HDMI connected to HDMI Matrix Switch for Video and Audio

- Analog connected to C4 Matrix Switch for Analog Audio

I primarily use Analog Audio for most sources. However, some of my sources like the Xbox One (2) do not provide Analog Audio. Originally my Programming only fired when I connected to the Xbox One. When I get home, I will attach screen shot of my Connections.

Please do - there may be an issue with some of the sources not doing hdmi audio, but the system is thinking there IS HDMI audio available.

If so - you need to 'break' the HDMI audio path with a driver in between the actual source and the HDMI switch - this stops the system from thinking an HDMI source also has HDMI audio.

Archived