C4 Forums | Control4

Ring Door Bell Integrated via IFTTT Maker Driver

AK1

Thanks for the help. Forget it. Can't be bothered..

Will move onto doing something else.. If the documentation isn't easy to find, or the implementation easy to "just do".. why bother?

Lifes too short. If I could easy find it, I would have well.. just found it.. And sorted it.... 

...and not wasted my/your/Alan's or any one else time asking..

Cheers... :)

2 minutes ago, wappinghigh said:

Thanks for the help. Forget it. Can't be bothered.. If the documentation isn't easy to find, why bother?

Lifes too short. If I could easy find it, I would have well.. just found it.. And sorted it.... 

...and not wasted my/your/Alan's or any one else time asking..

Cheers... :)

Alan's Kodi driver documentation is inside the driver ZIP file at 

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/kodi-entertainment-center-full-xbmc 

BTW.. one of the most frustrating things about C4 end user programming is.. well.. just this.. perfect example..world has "moved on" to google search with most platforms..with google throwing up the answers to most things (as you no doubt know), because some punter has probably invariably tried the same thing before. 

But you guys know that already right? 

For some totally weird reason access to the world of "C4 information" likes to operate differently..feels like C 1990 sometimes. :) 

Right now was more interested in the Sonos Announcement logic actually.. (Google Sonos Control4 documentation and see what you get) ....given it's already previously been set up, I just wanted to make some simple changes without disturbing my dealer (it's 10.24 pm).. He had no idea either BTW... anyway...Already moved onto sourcing a Tronsmart Vega S95 to work with the AC Kodi driver. My third Kodi box.. something way more interesting... Thanks for everyones help! edit wait... that's an Android box.. I want openelec.. can't remember if Alan's driver works as well on Android boxes.. 100's of balls in the air as always at Club W..  Cheers :).. 

Ok. We found the Sonos announcement part of the driver and have added. it. Is this going to be ruined by the upcoming (alleged) changes to the Sonos driver? What other doorbell style announcements are there? Any other ways of playing a sound file as an announcement (other than via Sonos)? Thankyou.

Archived