C4 Forums | Control4

EA3 with HC300 no audio out of HC300

I have an EA3 setup with a HC300 to get extra audio streams and i get no audio output from them. Just trying to use TuneIn and the data light doesn't turn on on the HC300.  Is there soime kind of incompatibility because of the hi res audio capability of the EA3?  They all go into a V3 audio matrix.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you use an older controller, the advanced audio needs to be shut off (automatic in 2.8.2 and above) - but there is no specific incompatibility.

Could be that the 300's outputs are simply turned down, but if data light isn't going on at all, something odd is up, as that should still be going on in that scenario.

I HAVE seen scenario's where the wrong audioserver/client is turned on on controllers - could be that, you'd have to check and change that using system manager (from Pro)

In system manager the HC300 doesn't have audioclient listed in there. Is there a command in putty to get it started? I used to work for a C4 dealer and my composer pro still works.. i just dont have access to call tech support or use the knowledgebase.

Archived