C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos / Spotify Authentication issues

Is anyone else having trouble with this?

Yes, some sites are having this issue.

Anyone know how to fix this?

There is no 100% fix right now. Remove Sonos Spotify driver. Make sure Sonos network driver is on 8.1.3. Add back Sonos Spotify 8.1.3. Authenticate properly. That's about all you can do; and it may not last the standard 60 days before it requires authentication again.

Mine still drops it's auth and requires me to re-auth and I'm on the latest. I haven't exactly figured out WHEN it happens as it might be 4 hours or 4 days between Spotify via Sonos usage.

It happened again last night and to the best of my knowledge there were no Sonos updates.

Re-auth via the provided URL always fixes it. That URL is case sensitive. It's annoying it's not and actual URI/LINK and just a screen print since the URL is so long.

Holy crap. Thanks. That's NOT the upgraded driver I did and I'm glad I didn't. I must have had a more generic maintenance release of the original connection method.

I will have to experiment with that version in a "safe place." Browsing and selecting music on the C4 phone app or picking my Spotify (not Sonos) playlists is a daily occurrence. Crazy.

@Sonos Please re-consider the limits of the API for the partner program. Us home automation & especially @Control4 customers thank you.

Doubt that will do a damn thing, but it was sent from an account with 900+k more followers than Sonos itself, so maybe it will at get considered. Not sure if their is a better way to move the needle. I don't know anyone at Sonos.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received the usual "spotify no longer working" text from a client and entering the link with the code isn't working. I logged in remotely and double clicked on the driver after "clearing saved authentication" and I can't even enter the link into a web browser. It just says "connecting" and the page never loads to enter credentials. After about 5 minutes, the page just stops trying to load. It never times out or anything. It just stops trying to load. Very strange... Either the server over there is down, or sonos may have killed the ability to authenticate spotify with the old driver. Running 8.1.3 by the way.

The amount of wasted time dealing with Spotify is just absurd at this point.

Archived