C4 Forums | Control4

Weatherbug not working

My dealer installed the weatherbug driver, however when I push the current button on my 4" touch screen I get a blank screen. When I push the forcast button I get the weather bug logo and the ok button but no forcast. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Go to the Weatherbug Properties page, and turn on the debug options, and see what it says.

You have to have 3 things setup properly:

1) The driver has to be addressed properly (api.wxbug.net)

2) The Location Code has to be set correctly (to your zip code)

3) The programming has to be setup properly (on your button press, it needs to tell the WeatherBug driver to get the forecast, and on the event of forecast received, it needs to do a popup with the info)

RyanE

Thanks Ryan for the quick response. Here is what the bebug said when I press the current button.

Created packet for CompactLiveWeatherRSS: GET /getLiveCompactWeatherRSS.aspx?ACode=a5557396555&zipCode=Oakland, CA 94611&unittype=0 HTTP/1.0

User-Agent: C4WeatherBug/1.00

Accept: */*

Host: a5557396555.api.wxbug.net

Connection: Close

Connected... Sending: GET /getLiveCompactWeatherRSS.aspx?ACode=a5557396555&zipCode=Oakland, CA 94611&unittype=0 HTTP/1.0

User-Agent: C4WeatherBug/1.00

Accept: */*

Host: a5557396555.api.wxbug.net

Connection: Close

Disconnected... Received: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Content-Type: text/html

Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 04:49:07 GMT

Connection: close

Content-Length: 20

<h1>Bad Request</h1>

I checked your three listed requirements and I believe I have them all set right.

thanks again

Not quite right yet...

Created packet for CompactLiveWeatherRSS: GET /getLiveCompactWeatherRSS.aspx?ACode=a5557396555&zipCode=Oakland, CA 94611&unittype=0 HTTP/1.0

Is "Oakland, CA 94611" a Zip Code? :) It should ONLY be the zip code. i.e. Go back to the properties page, and set the Location Code (Zip) to be 94611. The name is only for reference purposes.

This is a common mistake, and I probably should improve the docs a bit to clarify.

Hopefully, that should do it for you.

Cheers.

RyanE

• 2 weeks later...

Probably more of a question for Ryan though if anyone else knows that would be great. Does the weatherbug work for UK post codes ? Thought I would give it a go at the weekend but ask the question first before I spend hours trying to get it to work!!

Or if anyone that has it set up and wants to give it a go an example of a UK post code is SS6 7LA

cheers

Andrew

I seem to have mine working pretty well, if others need help, feel free to contact me.

My scroll bar on the forecast page doesn't respond well, and the mini-touch wheel doesn't work to scroll, but other then that, pretty cool!

Thanks Ryan and anyone who helped out on this project.

Probably more of a question for Ryan though if anyone else knows that would be great. Does the weatherbug work for UK post codes ? Thought I would give it a go at the weekend but ask the question first before I spend hours trying to get it to work!!

Or if anyone that has it set up and wants to give it a go an example of a UK post code is SS6 7LA

Yes, if you do SearchLocations("Rayleigh") in the driver, you get this:

Foreign Cities (Use 'Foreign' Location Type Setting)

Rayleigh, United Kingdom 61047

Raleigh, Canada 800625

Realeza, Brazil 53356

Rhyll Aws, Australia W94892

Ryl'sk, Russia 74725

That means, you should put in 61047 in the 'Location Code' section, and set the 'Location Type' to be 'Foreign'.

Set Units to be whatever you want (US or Metric), and you should be good to go.

RyanE

There really isn't.

It was created as an 'example' driver for DriverWorks.

I've posted setup instructions before on the Control4 Dealer Website, but don't know where those instructions are ATM.

Basically, you setup custom buttons, and have those custom buttons call the commands on the WeatherBug driver.

Then you program announcements or device popups on your Navigator devices for when the WeatherBug events fire.

You send the SUMMARY variables to the popup or announcement, they're a table of data that the Navigators can display.

RyanE

• 1 year later...
There really isn't.

It was created as an 'example' driver for DriverWorks.

I've posted setup instructions before on the Control4 Dealer Website, but don't know where those instructions are ATM.

Basically, you setup custom buttons, and have those custom buttons call the commands on the WeatherBug driver.

Then you program announcements or device popups on your Navigator devices for when the WeatherBug events fire.

You send the SUMMARY variables to the popup or announcement, they're a table of data that the Navigators can display.

RyanE

I know this is old but thank you it helped me :)

Archived