C4 Forums | Control4

C4 System speed

jedigolf

I was close to getting a C4 system installed, then several people that have it said it is slow to get Ipod info and cover info from Sony multi disc changers, even thru wired (not wireless) touchscreens. Would the new controllers have better processors that solved this problem?

the cover art is stored on the actual controller and sent out to each ui, so it's always there, no load times or anything.

Are you talking about the C4 Ipod Docks? The Only Ipod docks that currently work with the system is the FS-4 or FS-5 which do not have cover art.

These are great answers and most appreciated. Found out most problems were from older controllers and network problems.

I will have C4 on its own network to eliminate those problems>

nest up:

Can C4 work with ATT UVerse ok? Any experience yet?

What K&J is saying is that C4 is coming out with a new ipod dock that will be better integrated with the system, as right now a third party makes the dock but c4 will be bringing it in house and it should be faster.

As far as slow to get info from the 777ES, I have not experienced this, though I do not have or know anyone who has any touchpanels at the time.

Control4 is not bringing the iPort in-house, Control4 is developing their own dock.

The serially-controlled iPort FS and IW series iPod docks will still be supported.

RyanE

They are making their own is what I meant by "bringing the (dock solution) in-house".

Archived