C4 Forums | Control4

Zigbee mesh, offline devices

abovedeck

Question

14 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, abovedeck said:

where in HE can you see the zigbee mesh/devices offline?

I had an internet outage last night and it kicked a couple devices offline.  Trying to restore. 

You can't.

Zigbee and INternet are not related.  Internet outage will not cause zigbee devices to go offline

14 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

You can't.

Zigbee and INternet are not related.  Internet outage will not cause zigbee devices to go offline

Well what happened is the modem for my rack went offline, the ethernet ports closed, and the devices connected to it went offline.  The device in question is my shades controller.  It works through the shades app, but it seems to have kicked itself off of the ea-5 because I'm getting zero action from remotes, tables, c4 app and keypads.

I understand that the ea-5 does not need internet to work, but I think some of my devices kick themselves off during an outage.

3 minutes ago, abovedeck said:

Well what happened is the modem for my rack went offline, the ethernet ports closed, and the devices connected to it went offline.  The device in question is my shades controller.  It works through the shades app, but it seems to have kicked itself off of the ea-5 because I'm getting zero action from remotes, tables, c4 app and keypads.

I understand that the ea-5 does not need internet to work, but I think some of my devices kick themselves off during an outage.

that makes sense but those are IP devices, not Zigbee.  your zigbee remotes, lights, etc will work regardless of an IP outage

8 minutes ago, abovedeck said:

trying that again, but already tried earlier.  Is there an order to this... reboot ea5, and then reboot shades, or does this not matter?

hard to say without knowing how the shades and driver work.  But likely, i would reboot the shades, confirm they are online.  After you know the shades work, then the control4 controller driver may have a reconnect button? (without having to reboot) look under actions. or try to edit a property and change it back to see if that re-establishes the connection

On 12/15/2016 at 11:40 AM, msgreenf said:

hard to say without knowing how the shades and driver work.  But likely, i would reboot the shades, confirm they are online.  After you know the shades work, then the control4 controller driver may have a reconnect button? (without having to reboot) look under actions. or try to edit a property and change it back to see if that re-establishes the connection

See attached.  Found this under actions.

YES.  Got it.

IP address changed on that device from .20 to .21 so C4 could not find it.

Luckily .20 went to an ipad so put it on airplane mode, when in to shade controller and changed static ip to .20

All up and running. 

Now go in to your router settings and make a dhcp reservation for the device.

Archived