C4 Forums | Control4

Where is media and playlist data stored?

jfh

Question

Where is the data under the media tab stored?  Does it include playlists?  Is it in the backup file (if so, what directory)?   Is it in the media export XML file?

How can it be recovered?

(I know it is in the c4p file.  I want to know where in the c4p file)

3 answers to this question

Lot of questions on essentially the same project. On a controller, it's stored in mm.db, a separate file.

You can export the medial lists, that list then has all the required data, but you export them for each 'location' ie if you have a NAS and local storage in a controller, you have to export BOTH.

as for where in the cp4 file - never cared to look so no answer for you there.

all of the media I care about is on a NAS.  The export I'm talking about was done while I was on the media tab.  I didn't see any option to see what is being backuped - the only choice is export to file.

Seems like the next thing is to figure out why the media scan looks like it's working but does nothing.  Is there a log I can look at?

1 hour ago, jfh said:

all of the media I care about is on a NAS.  The export I'm talking about was done while I was on the media tab.  I didn't see any option to see what is being backuped - the only choice is export to file.

Seems like the next thing is to figure out why the media scan looks like it's working but does nothing.  Is there a log I can look at?

Yes, you export when you right click on a certain tab - whatever shows normally in there gets exported (not the actual media, jsut the metadata). What I was talking about is if you have more than one location with media.

Archived