C4 Forums | Control4

How Can I Lower Blinds with sunset daily?

ajdashsmith

Question

I have Lutron blinds that are west facing that I want to lower 25% 90 mins before sunset, 50% 60 mins, 75% 30 mins before sunset, etc.  I am getting used to Composer HE and understand it generally, but have tried a number of different ways and haven't been successful.  I have tried putting the commands at set times (versus waiting for sunset every day) and can't get the blinds to respond at all so I don't know if I am putting the command statements in the wrong place?  Does anyone have blinds working based on set times of the day who could share how theya re getting this done?  Seems it should be basic functionality so hoping I am just missing something obvious.  ANy help or point to thread that already discusses this?

Blinds.jpg

5 answers to this question

Ok, thanks.  So I can't really use sunrise and sunset as a reference then (meaning 90 minutes before sunset)...I just have to set daily times when I want things to happen.   I was hoping to use sunrise and sunset as a reference since it changes so much during times of the year.  

Blinds.jpg

Archived