Jump to content
C4 Forums | Control4

IFTTT ideas (and issues)


Haveitall

Recommended Posts

Just got the Chowmain IFTTT driver - love it!

1) Set up my family room keypad to change color based on what game is on - orange for NHL, red for NHL etc.  I suggested the TV just turn on so we could watch, but the wife nixed that.
2) Set a light in our morning scene to be on only when it is supposed to rain that day.  That is trickier than I thought, seeing as how the prediction seems to push at a random time.
3) Set the lights to come on when I arrive home after dark.  Set the HVAC to turn on if I come home in the middle of the day.
4) Set the HVAC to adjust based on the predicted high/low temp.
5) Logging the HVAC status to gdocs... which doesn't work yet.

Questions: Anyone know what defines the 'variables' that you can see in the 'Value 1' section?  I can't select things that would seem obvious, like the temperature from the Card Logic temp modules I have.  IFTTT doesn't seem to trigger when the thermostats change state (i.e., perhaps it isn't 'reported' to C4).

I would just replace the thermostat, but I have 4 of them and a zone controller...

[edit... and for the love of all things sacred... you can't even see the list of supported zwave devices unless you are a dealer.  It's like they go out of their way to be difficult.]

Link to comment
Share on other sites


It's not that hard to find out what is compatible with C4 Z-Wave, no mystery or dealer only club membership needed:

http://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse

Look for the manufacturer of the device you are thinking of and it will be listed here.

Or a zwave search:

http://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?q=zwave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, add a conditional to turn on the light if the prediction happens between x and sleepy time if so desired. Or when you know you are out of the house. Just to have it trigger if it predicts after the schedule.

Happy Automating!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah, good call.

Also had to add a debounce for my temp tracking. Set a 5 minute 'pause reporting' timer and variable. Otherwise I see a lot of temp reporting as the thermometer changes back and forth until it settles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 1/24/2017 at 10:45 PM, Haveitall said:

Questions: Anyone know what defines the 'variables' that you can see in the 'Value 1' section?  I can't select things that would seem obvious, like the temperature from the Card Logic temp modules I have.  IFTTT doesn't seem to trigger when the thermostats change state (i.e., perhaps it isn't 'reported' to C4).

@Haveitall Did you figure out how to address system variables?  I have an Axxess motion/humidity/temp sensor and I'm trying to push the value into a Google Sheet.  Right now, I am getting Push Notifications through Control4 just fine.  In Composer HE, I'm successfully addressing the variable as ${Living::Hall Motion Sensor::Temperature} but in the drop down for Value 1, Value 2 or Value 3 in the IFTTT driver, this isn't available.  Typing it in direct doesn't seem to work, either.  Below is the code that I tried when testing it w/ a simple email.  It works fine, but it doesn't pass through the variable value -- just the literal string which isn't too helpful. 

@alanchow, I assume you know...   Thanks!

(Otherwise, I got this to work pretty easily once it was installed.  Lots of possibilities w/ this driver.)

image.png.ac6574be27d3bc044b07a9e155e3566b.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, earo said:

@Haveitall Did you figure out how to address system variables?  I have an Axxess motion/humidity/temp sensor and I'm trying to push the value into a Google Sheet.  Right now, I am getting Push Notifications through Control4 just fine.  In Composer HE, I'm successfully addressing the variable as ${Living::Hall Motion Sensor::Temperature} but in the drop down for Value 1, Value 2 or Value 3 in the IFTTT driver, this isn't available.  Typing it in direct doesn't seem to work, either.  Below is the code that I tried when testing it w/ a simple email.  It works fine, but it doesn't pass through the variable value -- just the literal string which isn't too helpful. 

@alanchow, I assume you know...   Thanks!

(Otherwise, I got this to work pretty easily once it was installed.  Lots of possibilities w/ this driver.)

image.png.ac6574be27d3bc044b07a9e155e3566b.png

Please see the section in the installation guide labelled 'How to use variables' on page 43.  Installation guide available on our website for download.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, I think I understand what I need to do.  For my specific example where I want to report on / record the temperature, I need to create a new variable, Temperature, then set this value based upon the value from the motion/temp sensor in Composer.  I can do this on a Schedule.  Then, identify the DeviceID and owneriditem for the newly created variable and pass that in thru the IFTTT driver.  Is this correct?  Or is there a simpler way to do this?  I guess I thought I'd be able to address the variable directly, but maybe I'm missing something obvious here.

Thanks!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, earo said:

OK, I think I understand what I need to do.  For my specific example where I want to report on / record the temperature, I need to create a new variable, Temperature, then set this value based upon the value from the motion/temp sensor in Composer.  I can do this on a Schedule.  Then, identify the DeviceID and owneriditem for the newly created variable and pass that in thru the IFTTT driver.  Is this correct?  Or is there a simpler way to do this?  I guess I thought I'd be able to address the variable directly, but maybe I'm missing something obvious here.

Thanks!

 

 

You Address the variable directly using the instructions in the installation guiide.  Works for number and string variables for any device / service in Control4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...