C4 Forums | Control4

Apple TV Integration with Cover Art

sjj31a

With all the discussions going around re: Zatabit, I got to thinking that I have 5 Apple TV's hooked up in the house and what would be great would be to access via my touchpad like I do the 777. Is there any interface that anyone knows about that would allow to do?

My understanding is that with Apple TV, C4 can control the interface, but not actually integrate with it like the 777 to get cover art. I might be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure there's not a two-way IP driver just the IR driver. As such, you would choose the Apple TV, and then use the Apple TV interface, not the C4 gui. At least that's the gist I got from my dealer.

Sbutter,

I certainly could be wrong, as I'm not an expert in "All Things Apple", but it looks to me like the link you posted tells how you can integrate with *iTunes*, not with an AppleTV device.

Integrating with iTunes would get you the ability to control iTunes, to start the player on your PC or laptop playing, but not an AppleTV.

Also, this project and the info on it are all obtained by reverse engineering the protocol. While I don't have any problem with that, Control4 making a driver that way is unlikely, although there's nothing keeping someone else from making a Control4 driver for it.

RyanE

Archived