C4 Forums | Control4

1.7 - out this week???

C4Newbie

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i will confirm that with 1.7 is very smooth so far. I was pretty pissed when 1.6 came out as I felt it was taking the stability out of 1.3. I had zero problems with 1.3 and 1.6 was a big headache. So far 1.7 seems solid, and with the new hardware, this should be an excellent build for us all. I'm really excited for the new year and new gear!

ps. You can go to 1.7 from 1.3. I would consult someone more intelligent than I if that is the best way to go . I know some dealers will update in increments, ie. 1.3 to 1.6, then to 1.7.

I hear that you can now program which devices get toggled with the "watch" button on the sr-250 remote. Is that correct? and if so, can it be done with composerHE or does it have to be done by the dealer?

thanks,

tum

I hear that you can now program which devices get toggled with the "watch" button on the sr-250 remote. Is that correct? and if so, can it be done with composerHE or does it have to be done by the dealer?

Not yet - that's coming in 1.7.1. It's listed in 1.7, but it does not work.

Really? Where did you enter/get the key for this?

1.7 is out and worth the wait. I've been playing with the iPhone app the past few hours... very neat stuff. Also, system seems to be running a little faster. Good Job C4!

Really? Where did you enter/get the key for this?
1.7 is out and worth the wait. I've been playing with the iPhone app the past few hours... very neat stuff. Also, system seems to be running a little faster. Good Job C4!

Dealers get a promo lisence number for there phones. Alot of us on these forums are dealers but havent had the name title changed yet by cytex.

Dealers will be able to purchase lisence numbers hopefully next week, once the dealers get access to the lisences then so will the public.

Sorry, are you talking about the license numbers being distributed to dealers for iPhones? Or the activation numbers they'll need for the new ComposerPro? Will we need activation for ComposerHE as well? Or is that just something new to Pro? Is ComposerHE still tied to my 4Sight subscription? Somewhat confusing all these new licenses and numbers . . .

Sorry, are you talking about the license numbers being distributed to dealers for iPhones? Or the activation numbers they'll need for the new ComposerPro? Will we need activation for ComposerHE as well? Or is that just something new to Pro? Is ComposerHE still tied to my 4Sight subscription? Somewhat confusing all these new licenses and numbers . . .

You need

1) iPhone or iPod touch ($)

2) Control4 running 1.7.XXX ($)

3) Control4 app from app store (free)

4) A DEALER PROVIDED license programmed by the dealer ($299 MSRP)

Does that help?

yes, really. until verizon gets an iphone to work properly with push/exchange/mobileme its gonna stay that way too. not too mention using a GUI with a full slide out keyboard would be kick_ass. think typing lookups for DVR/songs/movies etc from a remote with a keyboard on a HTC touch pro....

yes, really. until verizon gets an iphone to work properly with push/exchange/mobileme its gonna stay that way too. not too mention using a GUI with a full slide out keyboard would be kick_ass. think typing lookups for DVR/songs/movies etc from a remote with a keyboard on a HTC touch pro....

HTC touch pro is definitely the pride of WM6:)

Unfortunately, C4 is a long, long way out from a mobile app with QWERTY support.

Archived