C4 Forums | Control4

Setting up doorbird

8 hours ago, Cyknight said:

All the IF statements are not needed and should be removed, the recall also should be taken out, that may actually conflict with it to begin with.

This is where you misunderstand the 'snapshot' driver - it's not a snapshot of who's at the door - it's a snapshot of the state of the system, which can then be used to revert back to that state.

I've modified my macro but there are issues

1. If the TV was off, it doesn't turn off after the 20 sec delay

2. If the TV was on a source, it doesn't switch back over to my JAP on HDMI2

I had the recall button press as I couldn't find the "prev" button. Don't I need this to go from my EA1 on HDMI4 to my JAP on HDMI2 before pressing play?

Doorbell Macro2.png

• 1 month later...

What equipment do you have to accomplish that??  Doorbird is a URL stream, so will require a decoder of some sort with HDMI output to even be able to view on a TV.

Not only that, does PiP even work on your display??  I haven't played with that functionality in a really long time. 

31 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

What equipment do you have to accomplish that??  Doorbird is a URL stream, so will require a decoder of some sort with HDMI output to even be able to view on a TV.

Not only that, does PiP even work on your display??  I haven't played with that functionality in a really long time. 

I'm an end user and would like to know if it's possible to do.

Archived