C4 Forums | Control4

Doorbird doorbell button issue

I have the flush mount Doorbird installed in my build. I've only been in my house for a couple of months now and until the last week, the Doorbell had worked great--no significant lag, reliable video stream and good access off of my Doorbird iOS app. I even built some programming to make my TVs bring up the video stream when the doorbell was pressed that was working quite well. 

Well, at some point in the last week, Control4 stopped recognizing the doorbell press. When I go into Composer and execute the programming, everything works fine (announcement agent triggers and my custom programming works). For some reason, though, I can press the doorbell button a hundred times and my Control4 system does not respond. Absolutely nothing. My Doorbird iOS app still picks up the doorbell press so I do at least get a notification that way. 

My dealer has told me they "think they have the solution figured out" but haven't told me what that is and don't seem to have tried it yet. They will actually be on-site tomorrow to install some speakers and will hopefully get it taken care of then, but I wanted to see if anyone here has had this issue and if there was a fix I could try within Composer HE. 

An updated driver was posted last week I believe.  Doorbird changed some things and then the driver now reflects those changes.

Have your dealer update the driver and also install Houselogix Auto Update so it will keep updating without dealer involvement. 

Thanks, lippa. That was my suspicion and, after checking the change-log on HouseLogix, the timing seems to be about right too. 

I do actually have the AutoUpdate driver installed (or so I thought--I can see it in Composer) so I'll now have to figure out if it didn't update properly or my dealers don't have it installed right. 

Thanks again for making me think of this, Lippa. I went into the AutoUpdate driver properties when I got home and saw that the dealers didn't have the auto reboot turned on for the director.

I did that and re-enabled the doorbell in the Doorbird driver for good measure and the doorbell is operational again. I'll know to check that in the future if something similar happens again. 

Archived