C4 Forums | Control4

DMX control

I have 30 rgbw landscape lights. I have set up a custom button called Christmas. Each light is set to a different color red, blue, orange, green etc. The last light is in a gazebo. I want this light to be white but I want it at 25 to 50 percent. How do I program this light be white at 25 to 50 percent..

If you have true RGBW light's one of four channels is white - so you'd set the dim level on the white channel as per normal.

If they are in fact RGB, you'd set each channel to 25% which should give you a rough 25% white level. As RGB mixing differs per strip and per decoder (and per engine) you may need to play with each color level to get a decent white color.

• 2 weeks later...
When programing dmx lighting in device actions ,if I want one light to be white what specific action should I chose ? For example first light red, second light white , third light blue. I can't seem to find the right action to make that second light white.For instance if I choose light 2 in actions (Turn on the outdoor lighting >light 2)it will not work. Thanks

What I have is 30 rgbw landscape lights with 30 dmx controllers. Im trying to setup a july 4 lighting scene of one two three. First light set for red, second light white, third light blue etc.etc Programming in actions for the red and blue light are not a problem. What I can't understand is how to get the second light white. In actions if I choose (Turn on the outdoor lighting-light 2) for white it will not work The light will not turn on at all. If I choose in actions (Turn on outdoor lighting -light 2 to 100 it will turn on but it will be pink. So my question is what action would I choose to turn this light on white? 

Parallels Picture.png

Again, what ACTUAL type of lights do you have? Because from what I can tell from the screen shot you have RGB lights (drivers) NOT RGBW lights.

The light you're turning on is likely the 'master' or 'brightness' driver - turning that on will do nothing to make a light white, just turn it on/off go brighter on whatever color is already ON.

So you have RGBW lights and controllers - but the drivers you have are RGB drivers (near as I can see at least), in other words, your gear is capable, the drivers are not. Your dealer will have to add a separate driver for white (if C4's driver with a artnet controller, which seems to be what you have)) or the correct driver for RGBW (If using Domeaudio's driver)

8 hours ago, Cyknight said:

So you have RGBW lights and controllers - but the drivers you have are RGB drivers (near as I can see at least), in other words, your gear is capable, the drivers are not. Your dealer will have to add a separate driver for white (if C4's driver with a artnet controller, which seems to be what you have)) or the correct driver for RGBW (If using Domeaudio's driver)

i am using Domeaudios driver . I also have the engineering solutions engine from houselogix . I do have white light when i turn all lights on . The thing  that i am trying to accomplish is the one white as stated above in the sequence of red white blue. I'm thinking that i'm going to have set the values of RGB as you stated before. I don't think the program is capable of doing it the way I thought it would . I just thought I could turn on that single light white without setting the rgb values. 

IMG_0825.JPG

@Cyknight is correct.  You need one more driver for each light for the white channel.  Each light has 4 channels, Red, Blue, Green, and White.  But the drivers you have installed are only 3 channel, thats why you can't access the white on the RGBW light.  Just have your dealer add one more for each light and assign the correct channel to each.  And since you are using the Domeaudios driver, you can create a sequence with the effects switch to animate your display, way easier than what you are trying to do through delays and such.  Thats how I started before I went with xlights for my sequencing.  

Archived