C4 Forums | Control4

Programming with Hue

C4tune

Question

Hi All!

i recently got a hue hub so I could control some lights that don’t have switches. They are very responsive on all interfaces, but all programming for hues don’t work. Any ideas ? They’re simple programs. Like double tap to turn off etc... 

thanks

8 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, C4tune said:

Hi All!

i recently got a hue hub so I could control some lights that don’t have switches. They are very responsive on all interfaces, but all programming for hues don’t work. Any ideas ? They’re simple programs. Like double tap to turn off etc... 

thanks

you can use double or triple  tap  on any c4 switch r dimmer  (new gen only ) to  manage a hue bulb

15 minutes ago, MonsterIT said:

you can use double or triple  tap  on any c4 switch r dimmer  (new gen only ) to  manage a hue bulb

Uhmm - you can do that fine on all gen of light switches.

As for OP, please pst some programming screenshots and we can have a look - because this certainly should work.

8 hours ago, Cyknight said:

As for OP, please pst some programming screenshots and we can have a look - because this certainly should work.

youre rigth i was thinking just with the Control4 Switches not lutron or insteon or other  brands 

The programming is as simple as if custom or physical button is pressed: turn on or off hue bulb... just realized all off programming works. Does the programming have to say ramp to 100 instead of turn on? I’ll have to check in the morning. 

On 11/4/2017 at 1:55 PM, Cyknight said:

Can’t upload very easily. Script reads as follows:

When Kitchen->Combo Dimmer Keypad 2 Kitchen Pantry button is pushed:

-> Set Level on Kitchen -> Pantry to 100

i have essentially the same script on the next button up to run a couple hues in the adjacent bathroom. When pushed they turn on for one second then turn off. Off commands work, provided the light has been turned on from another interface. 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Archived