C4 Forums | Control4

Amazon Prime Music and echo

adelatorre

Question

I get music through both c4 and a sonos connected to the c4.  

I have one amazon echo and 6 dots.  Being able to do so many things with voice commands has spoiled me rotten.

I would like to be able to play amazon prime music on a room's speakers via c4 by using voice commands. 

Now here's the magic word.  Is there a "clean" way to accomplish this.  The searches I've done through the site here seem to like to connect the echo/dot to c4 via cat6.  But that would require running a cable to every location I have a dot.  Seems like it will add a lot of "clutter" at both ends of the connection.

Is there a device driver or another piece of equipment somebody sells to facilitate this?  

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

1 minute ago, adelatorre said:

I get music through both c4 and a sonos connected to the c4.  

I have one amazon echo and 6 dots.  Being able to do so many things with voice commands has spoiled me rotten.

I would like to be able to play amazon prime music on a room's speakers via c4 by using voice commands. 

Now here's the magic word.  Is there a "clean" way to accomplish this.  The searches I've done through the site here seem to like to connect the echo/dot to c4 via cat6.  But that would require running a cable to every location I have a dot.  Seems like it will add a lot of "clutter" at both ends of the connection.

Is there a device driver or another piece of equipment somebody sells to facilitate this?  

Thanks.

no real clean way to do this right now

Do you have c4 amps? If you grouped the echo in the room to a dot in the rack room and plugged that one into the amp you could utilize the recently added multi room support of the echo. I essentially do this with the google home and a chromcast audio and have it programmed to turn the zone on amd select that source when the input goes hot

I have 1 c4 amp and 2 Marantz 1506 amps.  Did you set up an echo group for each DOT?  ex. I have 6 dots, would I add a 7th next to the c4 amp and then create 6 groups?  Such that each group would consist of 1 "location" dot, plus the c4 amp dot?  I'm trying to figure out how if your putting the output from a dot next to the c4 amp into the c4, how it gets info about which zone to turn on and supply sound to.

My setup is. Kitchen Google home, master bath Google home. I will be getting either a mini or an nvidia spot for the family room just for better Mic pickup instead of speaking loud enough for the kitchen g-home to pick me up.

Groups are

Main floor - kitchen g-home and Chromecast 1. Which if overflow mode is on turns on the family avr room and turns the breakfast and kitchen to the avrs surround back pre-out. If overflow is off the breakfast and kitchen select chromecast1 as the source. Still auto turns on since the Chromecast's output is split and fed into the audio matrix for signal sensing.

There is a Chromecast named outdoor that I dedicate for the deck that I might toss a tic home mini in the bottom of the grill since I have an outlet for the rotisserie for shits and giggles.

Party group- plays kitchen g-home and chromecast1 and outdoor 

Master bath- bath g-home and chromecast2

Using dots instead of Chromecast audios in the rack should accomplish the same end result if it were an Alexa environment I assume now that they added multi room support

Archived