C4 Forums | Control4

Using scheduler

daveva

Is there a way to schedule multiple events that overlap each other. For example I have DMX rgbw landscape lights. I have it scheduled to turn on at sunset and off at 11pm every day. Then I want to schedule a thanksgiving event (multiple color)same time sunset to 11pm. Is there a way I can do this without changing the event dates of the first event?

As Vince said, either schedule it 1 minute later - OR if the event that needs to get priority is earlier and/or you want to prevent the first from actually happening you do something like this:

Create a variable called 'Thanksgiving"

Create a schedule called Thanksgiving that starts at like 1am on Thanksgiving day AND a schedule that happens at 1 am the next day

WHEN schedule Start Thanks giving occurs
SET variable Thanksgiving to TRUE
WHEN schedule End Thanksgiving occurs
SET variable Thanksgiving to FALSE

Then bury the original schedule under that variable

WHEN schedule 'original' occurs
IF variable Thanksgiving is TRUE
	Do your thing

You can in fact schedule this to repeat yearly as well.

For holidays that change dates @alanchow (Chowmain) recently released a specialty driver. https://www.drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/holiday-control4-driver-chowmain/

Just as a side note to others reading this, there are also two 'other' religion drivers by Chowmain - Call to Prayer and Hebcal that can assist in schedules that do not stick to a 'standard' time and date.

Archived