C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone know when the 7" wireless remote will ship?

C4Newbie

Yep. It will ship no later than 30 days after the 'Open Books' announcement from Control4.

Which has not happened yet.

:)

RyanE

P.S. Sorry, I couldn't help it. It should ship this quarter, but there's no more definite info at the moment.

You knew this was coming - what's the "open books" announcement? :)

Books Open announcement is when the product is available to order to dealers.

Control 4 sends an email stating the product is available to order.. Usually 30 days after that the product is shipped.

• 2 weeks later...

That is not the 7" wireless. That's the 7" tabletop.

It's basically the same as the 7" in-wall, except it has a tabletop mounting instead of an in-wall.

There is a wi-fi version, but it requires power. The PoE version just requires PoE. Neither is fully without wires, whereas the 7" wireless remote will have a dock, but will be fully no wires.

It also has hard buttons on each side, and is a bit wider than the in-wall and the tabletop version.

RyanE

• 2 weeks later...
Which, the 7" tabletop, or the wireless?

I believe the 7" tabletop is shipping *now*. The 7" wireless does not yet have a published ship date, as I believe we have mentioned multiple times upthread.

RyanE

Curious, what makes this different than "the wireless" given that it supports WiFi? Non-removable base/no battery?

thanks

Curious, what makes this different than "the wireless" given that it supports WiFi? Non-removable base/no battery?

thanks

The WiFi version of the tabletop still requires plugging into the wall. The PoE version requires being plugged into ethernet.

The wireless 7" has a battery and WiFi, and a dock to charge it in.

RyanE

Archived