C4 Forums | Control4

Let's Do Something Fun

FYI.....I am working on a "push" of both RSS data and weather information in JPEG form to my MediaController....

No screenshots yet, but the idea is that the touch screen and navigator screen saver becomes an information kiosk....each picture is a news feed or weather display...

Of course it requires a windows PC on your network to create and push the jpegs....(in various formats)

Dave C

• 2 months later...

I have done some fun stuff (at least in my mind) with regard to sleep timers and timers on the garage doors. Also, wiring up my backyard gate with announcement and changing of LED's throughout the house to show the gate is open.

Let's revive this old thread that I just stumbled upon. There is nothing else going on with these forums anyways man...it's so quiet around here.

I got a hot water recirc. pump on a timer :) Sorry, that's all I got... Wait, I got a set of stair lights tied to two motions and interlocked by a schedule... Oh, well, I guess your right, it's pretty quiet.

Mine goes through the amp and then through the ceiling speakers. I have them in every room, regardless of whether that room has more speakers for the TV, I use these for music and announcements alone. Of course, certain announcements only play in certain rooms. Some with variables determining that.

HO can do this. I use the ATT utility for text-to-voice. One problem i have is that if music is playing in another zone it comes through on the leading and trailing ends of the *.wav file on the zone targeted for announcement. I started a post on this but nobody answered as to what maybe causing this. I currently turned-off announcements and don't really have a need for them anyway.

Nice one Brad!

I do same thing with recycled day (every other Monday AM)

"Don't forget to take out the recycling" comes on 10 minutes after wakeup and recycled logo pops up on all navigators

• 3 months later...

I like the simple things like the Garbage Brad... anyone else have clever simple ideas?

I have a relay on my smoke detectors that will turn on all the lights, and send me an Email to my work address, and a text to my cell "your house may be on fire, smokes detector is going off"

Archived