C4 Forums | Control4

Let's Do Something Fun

I am just curious to see what crazy and cool things different C4 users and dealers have automated/been asked to automate. I want to hear creatize, unique ideas that were implemented using Control4. Obviously there are tons, I am just looking for the neater or more unique ones. Stuff that really took some thinking and doing to pull off.

Hopefully we see some fun stuff, and we can all get ideas from it!

jbs - you should merge those two threads and then make it a sticky. it seems like this question comes up once a month.

tum

He didn't point to any specific threads. He pointed to the showcase forum and the push the envelope forum.

I don't think people will post in the push the envelope thread that they had a client request Control4 trigger his coffee maker or request his steam shower to turn on to 101 degrees at 8:56 every morning.

We know those subforums are there C4ForMe, but this is a little different.

lol. my bad. I was lazy and didn't actually look at the threads...my suggestion is to start going through the "general discussion" area of the forum and keeping going back until you find the threads that cover this or run a search. or maybe ppl will chime in and then this thread can become a sticky. ipod touch integration is about as crazy as i've gotten so far which isn't saying much.

tum

I tied my central Vacuum into C4 last week, it was easier to put a wireless outlet switch at the vacuum then figure out why the LV wiring doent work. Plus now it turns off the vacuum if the phone or doorbell ring

How do you turn it back on?

Coolest stuff I've done so far (granted I still consider myself a newb in the C4 world);

Motion sensor and Garage overhead door activated lighting scenes.

DVD play button lighting scenes, w/ Pause button turning on bar lights and hallway lights to the bathroom.

Front door IP camera pop ups.

And one of our clients is a wildlife freak, so we set a DVR to record his front and back door IP cameras to record from sunrise to 8:00 am so he can see what walked through his yard from his New York office.

I am just curious to see what crazy and cool things different C4 users and dealers have automated/been asked to automate. I want to hear creatize, unique ideas that were implemented using Control4. Obviously there are tons, I am just looking for the neater or more unique ones. Stuff that really took some thinking and doing to pull off.

Hopefully we see some fun stuff, and we can all get ideas from it!

hmmm, my stuff probably doesnt qualify as crazy and cool, but the cardaccess outdoor temp gauge does regulate my inside tstat settings. also, doorbell push plays men at works, "who can it be now" over the in house audio with flashing lights in distant rooms.

security motion detectors double as sensors for light scenes at night, so if the ge concord sensor sees you at night, it makes sure the stair lights come on for a couple minutes. we play some poker in my house, so if the "party mode" custom variable is set to true on c4, and the doorbell rings, it plays an altered version of the famous boxing ring announcer michael buffer's "LETS GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLE" in my man room, but it says instead, "LETS GET READY TO GAMBLLLLLLLLLE"

I tied my central Vacuum into C4 last week' date=' it was easier to put a wireless outlet switch at the vacuum then figure out why the LV wiring doent work. Plus now it turns off the vacuum if the phone or doorbell ring[/quote']

I jumpered the LV terminals on the vacuum so it is always on when plugged in, added the outlet switch then programed to a 6 button in the foyer and upstairs to toggle on and off

works great but my wife doesn't appreciate the "its about time you vacuumed" announcement every time she turns it on

I tied my central Vacuum into C4 last week' date=' it was easier to put a wireless outlet switch at the vacuum then figure out why the LV wiring doent work. Plus now it turns off the vacuum if the phone or doorbell ring[/quote']

I jumpered the LV terminals on the vacuum so it is always on when plugged in, added the outlet switch then programed to a 6 button in the foyer and upstairs to toggle on and off

works great but my wife doesn't appreciate the "its about time you vacuumed" announcement every time she turns it on

I'll have to try that.

Something else to drive the Mrs. nuts!

Definitely. I have a couple of use cases that could benefit from triggering an event from the receipt of an email from a specific sender of subject line. Seems like your code could be a good place to start.

I wrote an entire pop3 mail client. Only works on my mail server. As mentioned this was a one off driver and i will never do it again.

Definitely. I have a couple of use cases that could benefit from triggering an event from the receipt of an email from a specific sender of subject line. Seems like your code could be a good place to start.

I wrote an entire pop3 mail client. Only works on my mail server. As mentioned this was a one off driver and i will never do it again.

Is there any way you would share what you have done, so we could tinker around with it?

sorry no. i have stopped releasing my drivers to the international control4 community due to the unauthorised distribution and theft of my work.

Think of these as ideas on how powerful control4 can be if you know how to use it.

sorry no. i have stopped releasing my drivers to the international control4 community due to the unauthorised distribution and theft of my work.

Think of these as ideas on how powerful control4 can be if you know how to use it.

I come from the technology industry myself and completely understand Alan.

I understand Alan. I will toy around with DriverWorks and see what I can come up with.

Archived