C4 Forums | Control4

HDMI Switch

alf1096

Question

So my kids have upped their ps4 time with some games for xmas. Right now the PS4 is on my living room tv. When I want them to be able to play it in the playroom I have to physically move the HDMI cord. My question is last time I looked HDMI splitters were crap. I have looked again and found some on amazon that have good reviews. I just want to take one signal and send it to 2 tvs. What splitter do you recommend.

4 answers to this question

1 minute ago, sonic30101 said:

For 1080p most on Amazon or monoprice are fine and with Amazon if it doesn't work just return it. Is 4k a concern/consideration?

If I was doing a full blown switch I would want 4k but this is just to get kids playing in another room easily. one tv is 4k and one is 1080p but the PS4 I have is limited to 1080P. 

Honestly I have a 4k Sony XBR TV that is 4K but my receiver is 1080P so I cant pass it through anyway. Truth be told I cant tell when prime streaming stuff switches from 1080p to 4k. I used to try and keep up with the cutting edge stuff but I haven't changed my system in several years. Guess I am getting old LOL

Thanks

Archived