C4 Forums | Control4

Upgrade Time

moirons

On 1/23/2018 at 10:49 PM, moirons said:

Given Mitch joined the forums 2 months before I did, I will accept I am the chocolate starfish but it is a bit rich coming from a relative Newby Adam... Ok so 6 months later is hardly a newby but you get the point!

Errr.....Maybe your the newbie as they re-did the Fourm about 6 months ago and that reset a lot. Mitch (and I) have been here many years. I have worked for dealers for many years. Neither of us are newbies and neither of us go around pissing in someones Wheaties here. So be care, your already stepping on many peoples nuts here and that will not only get you ZERO answers but it will also get you a whole lot of smart ass answers.

Good luck boss.......

Have you adjusted for taxes?  Don't you have a 10% GST in Aus and price everything including GST?  There's about $2.4k right there.  And you left out the door station for $2k on the USA side.  Those two changes bring the differential down from US$8.3k to $3.9k.  And then another $2.1k is the Aventage AVRs which are Yamaha's issue, not C4's.

1 hour ago, AdamT said:

Errr.....Maybe your the newbie as they re-did the Fourm about 6 months ago and that reset a lot. Mitch (and I) have been here many years. I have worked for dealers for many years. Neither of us are newbies and neither of us go around pissing in someones Wheaties here. So be care, your already stepping on many peoples nuts here and that will not only get you ZERO answers but it will also get you a whole lot of smart ass answers.

Good luck boss.......

You see Adam, there you go again!  You started by suggesting I would come and go like a Chocolate Starfish if I recall, I called you out on it with data.  I can well imagine you went to some effort to try and prove you had been around longer than me.  Hysterically, the best you could come up with was some banal suggestion that they reset the forum.....errr, yeah right, good luck with that one bro! 

I do like the psychology behind your attempt to demonize me and call for reinforcements by suggesting I am stepping on "many peoples" nuts.    The truth is when an individual jams his unwelcome nuts in my direction, they will get stomped upon.  There is another clue for new players there brother, keep your nuts in your pants and they won't get crushed. 

The smart ass bully boy behavior you exhibit is what keeps so many lurking in the shadows or even worse, giving up on Control4 and the dealer network.  I acknowledge that I am either too arrogant or too stupid to back away.

By the way, I have had about a dozen PM's, some from regular contributors and some from lurkers who have provided fantastic feedback, prices and answers.  Some, like me, choose to lurk in the shadows as they can't be bothered with the knobs trying to control the conversation and show just how clever they think they are. 

That being said Adam, feel free, in fact please ignore/block me and keep your 'zero' and self described smart ass answers to yourself.  I seriously don't mind, in fact from the feedback I have been getting offline, quite a few wouldn't mind if you did just that!

Just now, zaphod said:

Have you adjusted for taxes?  Don't you have a 10% GST in Aus and price everything including GST?  There's about $2.4k right there.  And you left out the door station for $2k on the USA side.  Those two changes bring the differential down from US$8.3k to $3.9k.  And then another $2.1k is the Aventage AVRs which are Yamaha's issue, not C4's.

Yeah Bud, great pickup.  I did allow for the GST on both sides however it is only charged on what we claim to pay so 10% of $10k is only $1000 and to be honest, you can slip a fair bit through as well ($1000 tax free each) and when you have businesses, you can claim the GST as an input credit so it really isn't an issue.

You are 100% however correct re me leaving out the door station, my bad on that one.  I have been quoted $1100 US for the base model as I won't need the keypad.

This is not a shot at the Control4 products, it is more about the disproportionate pricing in Aus (which I have correctly been advised is a lot better than it was when I got my first system) and when I am coming to the states, then Canada, and can carry 120kgs back without paying excess luggage, do the math, I did.

Almost everything is  cheaper in the US - I am in Canada and 90% of Canadians live within 200km of the US border.  It is very easy for us to comparison shop and we often do get stuff in the US.  There are lots of reasons for the price difference, not all of them logical.  I often load up on stuff from Amazon.com when I am in the US - I get stuff shipped to the hotel.  The prices are way cheaper than Amazon.ca and there is tons more stuff.  

I hear you Zaphod, the world is indeed a small place and my son lives in BC so it isn’t too hard to suggest we are on the same page.  

If the vacuous trolls understood that, they would be helping find the answers and not shoot those asking the questions!

Fact is, if we are paying street price to a dealer who paid wholesale to C4 for the goods, and we are paying street price for a dealer to program it, it is hard to understand why anyone feels ripped off and tries to block it!  

Furthermore, once the gear is installed, what does it matter who logs in and maintains it?  

Now if I was asking for a pirate copy of composer and a dodgy login I would completely deserve to be attacked because that is the dealers well earned patch and why they should get $65-$85 an hour!

The only part you're missing is the part where you're asking a dealer to break his dealer agreement.  Dealers are not supposed to sell gear to someone unless they are doing the install.  It protects against online sales, selling sideways, etc.  You're not the one taking the risk there the dealer is, which makes it hard for you to care, but that's probably why several of the dealers on here are a bit agitated by stuff like this.  If this kind of stuff got out of control it would eventually effect their bottom line, and their confidence in C4 which would in turn effect C4's bottom line. 

Archived