looking to upgrade my system.

thinking the following;

EA5

4 x SR260

2 x 10” Touch Screens 

1 x 7” Touch Screen

Door Station Brushed Stainless 

6x6 A/V Matrix 

Happy for you to direct PM if you interested in quoting.

I get where you are coming from. 

Can I ask however, is this a public forum or a Control4 controlled forum and you are the official gatekeeper, or do you simply want to have a say in everything?

now where were we, that's right, what wants to sell some stuff?

Can someone tell me the street price for the following components in the States

EA5

SR260

10” Touch Screens 

7” Touch Screen

Door Station Brushed Stainless 

6x6 A/V Matrix

Just now, msgreenf said:

just stop calling me buddy

Come on buddy, if you put me on ignore, what does it matter what I call you?  

BTW buddy is an affectation down under, kind of like mate but not as chummy!

Neat, another guy that wants to poo on Mitch without knowing the facts.

Mitch doesn't have to comment on everything, but it helps having someone that is so in tune with the inner workings of the system and having them be able to answer questions.

And for the record, Buddy may be a way of showing affection in Australia but in the states its kind of ripping on someone.

Your entire post makes you look like another guy that will eventually fade off here.

Enjoy being the equivalent of a chocolate starfish here, buddy.

9 hours ago, moirons said:

I get where you are coming from. 

Can I ask however, is this a public forum or a Control4 controlled forum and you are the official gatekeeper, or do you simply want to have a say in everything?

Public or not, he's simply stating that a dealer is NOT allowed to sell gear WITHOUT complete install and programming services. Simple fact. While there's a lot of gray area on here, what you are asking for is NOT items you would find second hand (excepting perhaps a few remotes), so your chances are slim, or your gear would be sold outside of dealer agreement policy and warranty would then be voided (I'm told it's been done in fact).

In other words, he's just pointing out that you'll be better off to go to your nearest dealers for some quotes - there's 4 of them in Adelaide.

Cheers 'mate'

Gents,

We tend to get ripped off for hardware prices and product support in Australia. Important to note that it is no fault of the dealers who offer an excellent installation service and rates. Possibly not as clued up as a lot over there but that is a consequence of demand being low due to the pricing.  For example an SR260 on the street here is close to US $750.

Now I respect dealers want to maximise their profits by protecting their little patch, I was a retailer and know the game.  I also knew that informed consumers wanted to do the same thing!  difference here is the consumers dont slag, mock and belittle the dealers for doing so, they just look for a workaround!  You don’t want my money, no worries, move on to the next customer but don’t think for one minute the next guy will be intimidated and bullied into walking away from some easy profit.

If I was so inclined I could pay for a US installer to holiday in Aus for 4 days, do the upgrade and I would still be several thousand dollars better off!!  I could also provide a basic plan and have a dealer program the basics and deliver it to a hotel room in his region, he makes money, I save money and the only ones not happy seriously dont matter!

As long as suppliers like Control4 don’t get commercial the market will continue to look for, and find, ways to cut out the middle guy and rest assured the condescending arrogant segment of the middle man will be the first to go!

The world is a small place and the fact that rather than buy hardware here, I can pay to take my wife on a holiday to the US and Canada, drop 15k-20k on hardware and still have change should ring alarm bells, incredibly however I have keyboard warriors try to mock and fire me up.  

Not doing that well I must say

13 hours ago, AdamT said:

Neat, another guy that wants to poo on Mitch without knowing the facts.

Mitch doesn't have to comment on everything, but it helps having someone that is so in tune with the inner workings of the system and having them be able to answer questions.

And for the record, Buddy may be a way of showing affection in Australia but in the states its kind of ripping on someone.

Your entire post makes you look like another guy that will eventually fade off here.

Enjoy being the equivalent of a chocolate starfish here, buddy.

Sincere and genuine apologies if calling someone Buddy infers ripping on them in the States, that is not and was never my intention.   Dare I say the intended respect was lost in translation!

For the record, my personal KPIs don’t include making the most comments on a forum and if there is indeed a long line of individuals “pooing on Mitch” perhaps it is not the line of individuals that is the problem here??

We have a quote in Australia, you wake up and the first person you meet is an asshole, pfffft he’s possibly an asshole, if every person you meet however is an asshole then perhaps you are the asshole!

Given Mitch joined the forums 2 months before I did, I will accept I am the chocolate starfish but it is a bit rich coming from a relative Newby Adam... Ok so 6 months later is hardly a newby but you get the point!

Have you spoken to a local dealer lately?  Control4 now distributes locally and the prices are no where near the price you say for a remote.  The RRP is no where near that.  Here is a link to the largest dealer in Australia and you will see the prices are NOT what you think.  https://www.lifestylestore.com.au/control4-ea1-room-controller-with-sr260-remote-control.html

Mate, I'm not just a bloke that has to get a word in, I know something.  Thank you.

Here is a remote for $300 AUS - https://www.lifestylestore.com.au/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?name=SR260

21 hours ago, moirons said:

Gents,

We tend to get ripped off for hardware prices and product support in Australia. Important to note that it is no fault of the dealers who offer an excellent installation service and rates. Possibly not as clued up as a lot over there but that is a consequence of demand being low due to the pricing.  For example an SR260 on the street here is close to US $750.

Now I respect dealers want to maximise their profits by protecting their little patch, I was a retailer and know the game.  I also knew that informed consumers wanted to do the same thing!  difference here is the consumers dont slag, mock and belittle the dealers for doing so, they just look for a workaround!  You don’t want my money, no worries, move on to the next customer but don’t think for one minute the next guy will be intimidated and bullied into walking away from some easy profit.

If I was so inclined I could pay for a US installer to holiday in Aus for 4 days, do the upgrade and I would still be several thousand dollars better off!!  I could also provide a basic plan and have a dealer program the basics and deliver it to a hotel room in his region, he makes money, I save money and the only ones not happy seriously dont matter!

As long as suppliers like Control4 don’t get commercial the market will continue to look for, and find, ways to cut out the middle guy and rest assured the condescending arrogant segment of the middle man will be the first to go!

The world is a small place and the fact that rather than buy hardware here, I can pay to take my wife on a holiday to the US and Canada, drop 15k-20k on hardware and still have change should ring alarm bells, incredibly however I have keyboard warriors try to mock and fire me up.  

Not doing that well I must say

Short version, you're happily asking people to go against written agreements and contracts, in other words break the law, so you can save a few bucks. You overstate the prices two to three times to underscore the reason ability of this action. Because there ARE people that will break agreements, everyone should, and no-one should point out that you are an accomplish in fraudulent activity.

'Course this in the long run allowed to run ramparts would mean no-one creates anything any more - but that is for those that come later to deal with.

the market will continue to look for, and find, ways to cut out the middle guy and rest assured the condescending arrogant segment of the middle man will be the first to go!

I'm pretty sure you're the condescending one here.

You're not cutting out any middle man either, just changing who that middle man is.

difference here is the consumers dont slag, mock and belittle the dealers for doing so

While I disagree with the statement to begin with - you are aware that that is EXACTLY what you are doing right?

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:30 PM, msgreenf said:

Have you spoken to a local dealer lately?  Control4 now distributes locally and the prices are no where near the price you say for a remote.  The RRP is no where near that.  Here is a link to the largest dealer in Australia and you will see the prices are NOT what you think.  https://www.lifestylestore.com.au/control4-ea1-room-controller-with-sr260-remote-control.html

Mate, I'm not just a bloke that has to get a word in, I know something.  Thank you.

Here is a remote for $300 AUS - https://www.lifestylestore.com.au/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?name=SR260

I do not doubt you may know a lot my learned friend (yeah I know, I am not your friend - yawn) about C4 but given the amount of PM's I have received suggesting you are the know it all that loves to see his post numbers go up and one who takes cheap shots at everyone not blessed with your obvious wealth of knowledge, nor sharing your informed opinion, I would suggest you might just be that bloke!

Thanks for the link though, you are indeed correct, C4 have certainly pulled the prices back a lot since I got my HC800 setup and paid $750 for my SR150's.   I guess I could have googled them but silly me, I thought I would go straight to the product forum to get some answers!

Having said that, here are the prices from your link and what I have been quoted by those nefarious felons who prefer to trade in the dark web.

Now $10 grand might be "a few bucks" to you, but I work too damn hard to give my money away!   

In the interim, I get the bits I want, spend $5 grand on a Holiday and I still have $5 grand to hand my local dealer for his programming. I might even have some left over to buy some more bling for my Harley!

And don't forget, I will be paying a local dealer his full hourly rate to do the programming (well I might haggle a bit) so can you explain who is missing out here?

C4.PNG

Archived