C4 Forums | Control4

Screen Saver Picture Frame

JSTRONG

Hello All

I am trying to use a fat32 formatted usb drive with jpeg pictures on them. I plug it into the EA5 and it seems the ea5 does not recognize the usb drive.

Anything I should be trying to get pictures to be displayed on my touch screens?

Its just a simple little keychain usb stick and I think this is the problem. 

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ###  Status         Size     Free     Dyn  Gpt
  --------  -------------  -------  -------  ---  ---
  Disk 0    Online          238 GB      0 B        *
  Disk 1    Online         3840 MB      0 B

I have dozens in the field and two in my own system. USB stick to an EA (or any other) controller is NOT an issue as such.

Every single time I've seen issues with a USB stick not being recognized, it's been the stick. Not that there is by default something 'wrong' with the stick - controllers/the C4 OS are just picky.

I've always just used Sandisk basic USB stick. Pick one of those up (get a small one just to test if you want) and try it. If THAT doesn't work, you may be the first one that I know of with a failed USB port...

Thanks again

I tried a 3rd sandisk and this was accepted. SO now in agents-screen saver I see the 

sandisk NEW_VOLUME

and when I go to media-screen saver 

I click configure and I get the following error

"THE PHOTO SCREEN SAVER IS EITHER UNDEFINED OR THE LOCATION IS NOT REACHABLE ON THE NETWORK. CHECK TO TO SEE IF THE FILE STORAGE DEVICE IS CONNECTED PROPERLY AND TRY AGAIN"

When I try to add photos

I get the following error

YOU CANT CONNECT TO THE FILE SHARE BECAUSE ITS NOT SECURE. THIS SHARE REQUIRES THE OBSOLETE SMB1 PROTOCOL, WHICH IS UNSAFE.. YOUS SYSTEM REQUIRES SMB2 OR HIGHER

Archived